[Solved] Hello, my GPU (660m) temp is
37°C -> idle
83°C -> max load
both at +135 core and +500 memory

CPU (i7 3610QM) temp is
47°C -> idle
95°C -> max load

(room temperature about 25°C)

Neither CPU or GPU never throttles anyway i think that are pretty high temperatures that maybe can over time damage these components and also i want to overclock GPU over 135 limit but i cant do that whith that temp. I had once my machine at service (because malfunction of keyboard) but i also wrote note to technicians about these temperatures and they replied me that temperatures are normal. And my questions are: Are they ? Should i worry and re-paste it or not? Isn't voiding warranty for re-pasting too risky ?
14 REPLIES 14

GrEEman wrote:
i mind that i cant demant from Asus RMA re-pasting gpu or cpu with this temperature, because in their opinion it is completely save and normal temperature.

of course that i understand that i ll throw away the warranty if i disassemble and re-paste my machine, that's why i created this topic and asking you if it is worth of it. But i think you are right, that if it has no issues since day one, it is no such a risk if i lost the warranty. I am curious how much °C can i push down with re-pasting on both components.

first sorry but i guess i cannot give you a good answer to this because i have swapped the cpu to 3820qm (and honestly, the cpu heatsink is such a small and thin piece that it cannot dissipate heat well enough for this cpu)

thermal paste is not magic that you can implement then magically it will push the temperature down. the efficiency of a cooling system also includes other parts, especially heatsink, the fins, and the fans. (all of these should be kept in good conditions: the fins should be free from layers of dust; the fans should be working properly; and thermal paste / pads should be replaced when it's not efficient to conduct heat)

in general, free access to these components just means it will allow you to maintain the cooling better. if you asked me, i will say it's worth it.

for a g55, when you do the cleanup, you will need to replace the thermal paste of cpu and gpu simultaneously. (this is by design)

Theorize
Level 7
I just stumbled in here, all of this information is very helpful. I also reach 85's in GPU whilst gaming upon the BF3. I know a friend who will clean up my comp, he owns a service...

While I'm here, does anyone recommend using a cooling pad, or have any qualms with them?

Theorize wrote:
I just stumbled in here, all of this information is very helpful. I also reach 85's in GPU whilst gaming upon the BF3. I know a friend who will clean up my comp, he owns a service...

While I'm here, does anyone recommend using a cooling pad, or have any qualms with them?

the cooling pad gives no significant effects on the g-series (at least g55/g75).

Apexing
Level 9
honestly ? I would just open it up and repaste, ofc be careful and look up guides/vid tutorials online.
That being said, if it is like the g75, I only found one sticker that said void warrenty if broken, and that was on a screw for the CPU, so technically you wont void it unless you break that sticker.

GrEEman
Level 7
ok then i'll take your advices, i already ordered gelid gc-extreme thermal paste 🙂 and i'll post here later my temps after re-pasting and cleaning