cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G55VW - keyboard hotkey to enable/disable trackpad isnt working

jkool702
Level 7
The key combination is fn+F9. All the other hotkeys (fn+F_) are working correctly. On windows 10. Have an up-to-date ATK package. I used a keyboard key testing tool and the F9 key isnt broken. I can manually disable the trackpad using software, just not with the keyboard hotkey.

Any suggestions to make this work again? It would be really nice if this feature started working again for me (it hasnt worked for quite some time). Thanks in advance!
2 REPLIES 2

Gps3dx
Level 12
jkool702 wrote:
The key combination is fn+F9. All the other hotkeys (fn+F_) are working correctly. On windows 10. Have an up-to-date ATK package. I used a keyboard key testing tool and the F9 key isnt broken. I can manually disable the trackpad using software, just not with the keyboard hotkey.

Any suggestions to make this work again? It would be really nice if this feature started working again for me (it hasnt worked for quite some time). Thanks in advance!

*Palm to the head*... sorry... nothing personal... it's post-modernism's fault that anyone nowadays think his/her problem is unique...

A. your laptop isn't officially supports windows 10 as asus did NOT released any drivers for it or sold it with win10 ( officially ).
thus, don't expect 100% compatibility with newer drivers.
B. the answer is already scattered around this sub-forum, because I know i've answered it multiple times in the G751 subforum ( which is today the same forum for G55, G751 etc... ).
Thus, I Think I'll hinder you if i'll tell you the direct answer.
Nevertheless, I can and will advise, to use the built-in search feature of this subforum, or even better, google it with the postfix of "site:rog.asus.com".
Another HUGE hint is that my sig contains a link to a thread about fn configurable buttons and a guide about it, which includes a direct reference for the fn+F9 touchpad issue.

Please in the future, search before opening non-needed new thread about a subject that was already debated/asked in the past.
That was, single forum can serve as a "library" of knowledge about certain topic, which as aid this community better then million of repeated questions.

P.S - as I said, nothing personal, i've wrote similar words to many new users, hoping that they can aid back to this community.
if you really having difficultly locating an answer, please reply in the thread I mentioned ( link in my sig ) and please replay what you've learned from my guide/posts about the FN+F9 issue.
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

A few things:

1) This is not a windows 10 problem. I had this same issue when i was on windows 7 (and again on win 7 it was only fn+f9 that didnt work, the rest worked fine). In fact i think ive had this problem almost since i purchased the computer nearly 4 years ago. I tried to fix it when it first started, gave up, and lived with it till now.

2) I tried searching the ROG forums and google, but didnt find anything useful. I found others with the same issue, but didnt find a solution. For example I found this thread ( https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?27672-fn-f9-not-working-everything-else-does/page1 ) but their main solution was to reinstall windows, and since i literally just did a clean install of win10 a week ago i figure that wont work for me. I was not able to find your thread with all the keywords i tried searching for.

3) I do appreciate you pointing me to your solution. If i understand it correctly, it pretty much involves jerry-rigging an older ATK package driver to remmap fn+F9 to someting else? Is this correct, or am i understanding it wrong? TBH i was hoping for an easy solution that didnt require changing what keys were pressed, but if i cant find an alternate way to make fn+f9 work like it was intended i will certainly give it a try.