cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G55VW DH71 Mic (analogue jack) Issues - chirping sound + static

abs1337
Level 7
Hey,

So I ordered my G55 from XoticPC.com with a couple of upgrades, one being the Samsung 840 Pro SSD, and I had them place the SSD into the HDD bay, and the HDD into a caddy in the optical drive bay. They were charging $20 to switch the OS over to the SSD fom the HDD so I told them I'd do it myself.

I formatted it as soon as I got it, and I'm having issues with my audio driver. My biggest issue so far is a chirping sound + static from my mic that friends complain about when were on a VOIP call (any client). Tested headset on desktop so its not that, and if I reduce mic sensitivity, my voice drastically reduces too.

For starters - with the VIA drivers (both versions listed on ASUS's support site) gave me an error saying "HD device not found" or something like that during installation, but installation did complete and it was partially working - I had 2 microphone devices listed, one built in and the other for analogue jack. And it doesn't automatically switch when I plug in my headset, II need to manually select device in Skype/Teamspeak/Razer Comms.

I downloaded the Realtek drivers which worked better, skype would switch between my built in mic and headset mic whenever I plugged it in. But the chirping sound + static persists. Tried a lot of tweaks in windows sound options and skype itself, but nothing helps.

TL-DR: Chirping sound from headset mic, no its not the headset, tried both Realtek and VIA drivers from Asus support page.

Could you please help me pick properly working audio driver for windows 8 (64 bit)

Thanks a lot.
16 REPLIES 16

Hey,

So I was waiting for the tweak arena forums account activation... the images in your thread don't show, could you re-upload them please? Maybe try imgur.

And thanks for the info, will check the guide out!

abs1337 wrote:
Hey,

So I was waiting for the tweak arena forums account activation... the images in your thread don't show, could you re-upload them please? Maybe try imgur.

And thanks for the info, will check the guide out!

your account IS active, could you double check again, and please let me know if you still cannot see the images so I will reupload them
ASUS G75VW-T1086V
CPU: i7-3610QM 2.30 GHz.
Memory: 16 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz. RAM
Storage: 256 GB LiteOn LAT-256M3S SSD + 1 TB Seagate Momentus 5400 RPM HDD
Graphics: GeForce GTX 670M 3 GB GDDR5 RAM
Screen: 17.3' Full HD LED Screen

DanishKid wrote:
your account IS active, could you double check again, and please let me know if you still cannot see the images so I will reupload them

Hey, yeah that was my bad, my ISP was the problem, they couldn't connect to photobucket. Just tried it from work and it loaded up. Going to save the images for later.

Thanks.

abs1337 wrote:
Hey, yeah that was my bad, my ISP was the problem, they couldn't connect to photobucket. Just tried it from work and it loaded up. Going to save the images for later.

Thanks.

awesome! let me know how it goes, and your account is active dude
ASUS G75VW-T1086V

Yeah, I thought I couldn't view the pictures unless I was registered, but I figured out later it was my ISP's issue.

Anyways, I tried out your EQ settings and I was blown away, awesome sound.. amazingly balanced!

Thanks a lot!

abs1337 wrote:
Yeah, I thought I couldn't view the pictures unless I was registered, but I figured out later it was my ISP's issue.

Anyways, I tried out your EQ settings and I was blown away, awesome sound.. amazingly balanced!

Thanks a lot!

my pleasure man! I'm glad you liked the quality of my work 🙂
ASUS G75VW-T1086V

Builtin mic is completely use less. Registers only if you blow into it and the Mic line in Jack sems to work but has a lot of noice and static in background.

with or without VIA HDV Deck audio drivers, the problem is there.

Any suggestions? USB MIC works crystal clear with pin drop silence in silent environment.

VIA audio chipset Hardware issues?