cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G55VW - Crackling audio

Tarhis
Level 7
Greetings 🙂 I just got my G55VW and I have been very happy with it, except with the inner microphone (or at least I think that is the problem here). I called my friend on skype, and he said that there is this this annoying, cracking, beeping noise coming from my end, so I decided to try the skype test call and I noticed the same thing. I also tried this site called vocaroo and the sound is present when I record anything: http://vocaroo.com/i/s0oqnMeSaIa1

It was louder before that, but I tried to mess with audio settings. I tried to enable echo cancellation and noise suppression but it turned out even worse. With that recording, I have only enabled noise suppression since it was only worse with both of them enabled and it only got worse when I disabled system effects in the audio deck: http://vocaroo.com/i/s0WbdWS6295q. This is seriously bugging me. After all, I bought this laptop for gaming purposes and it's not really fun to game with my friends, since this is bugging them too.

Buying a headset would of course be an option ( I assume?), but I still would like this to get fixed if possible. I was thinking if this is a hardware issue or comes from drivers? I know that the inner microphones on laptops aren't really the best, but I would expect better quality microphone with this price tag, in case this isn't any hardware issue, which i doubt, since I had the exact same problem with my previous G55VW, which I returned. Its microphone was having more issues, with it constantly going on mute and not being able to record sound.

Thank you in advance!
4 REPLIES 4

Pitcher1
Level 9
could you try install new driver from asus support site, also check when you do the record is it same proble?

Tarhis
Level 7
I went to the asus support website and I am confused what drivers do I need to install from there after I have selected my model. Sorry, I'm new to this.

Tarhis
Level 7
I opened my Asus Install application and it shows that I have the Audio V6.0.10.1200 which seems to be the newest one.

TokoDude
Level 10
Check you VIA microphone settings check if you have the same settings like me.
ACER PREDATOR G9-791 |Intel Core i7-6700HQ |16 GB RAM |GTX970M 3GB |FULL HD | 750GB SSD | Samsung 850 PRO & 2X M.2 SSD RAID 0
G75VW |Intel Core I7-3610QM |24GB RAM |GTX670M 3 GB |FULL HD | 526GB SSD | Samsung 840 EVO & 850 PRO
GL552VW |Intel Core i7-6700HQ |12 GB RAM |GTX960M 3GB |FULL HD | 256GB SSD | Samsung