cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G55 overheating

ykgen
Level 7
I'm using Core tempt to monitor my laptop temperature.

I received an overheating warning for the very first time. It hit 92c when I played BF3. never had this issue before until.

I owned this laptop since June 26:(
14 REPLIES 14

UltimaRage
Level 9
Return it?
G75VW-BBK5
i7
8 GB
660m

UltimaRage wrote:
Return it?

no way! it's my only computer.. n i'm depending on it.. will continue to monitor the situation, just upgraded the bios version to 209, i hope this is not the cause to overheating

Your laptop is fairly new, I was going to suggest checking the fan filters. Was the overheating issue out of the box or after the BIOS update?

Here4Help wrote:
Your laptop is fairly new, I was going to suggest checking the fan filters. Was the overheating issue out of the box or after the BIOS update?

it happened after the bios update, it only happened once last night.. I updated the bios few days ago and everything was fine. I will continue to see if the overheating occurs again..

G55 has no access to the fan.. not like G75 😞

ykgen wrote:
no way! it's my only computer.. n i'm depending on it.. will continue to monitor the situation, just upgraded the bios version to 209, i hope this is not the cause to overheating

I'm afraid you don't have a lot of options. Something like that isn't just a fluke. If it is overheating consistently, return it before it completely stops working.
G75VW-BBK5
i7
8 GB
660m

UltimaRage wrote:
I'm afraid you don't have a lot of options. Something like that isn't just a fluke. If it is overheating consistently, return it before it completely stops working.

sure thing 🙂

Ahh! My bad about the fan filters.. I am usually against BIOS updates; ONLY update your BIOS if it provides bug fixes to issues you have. Run some tests and if the problem persists. You may still be able to exchange the unit just to avoid future problems.

You have the GTX 660m with the new Kepler. For you to get above 90C means it really is defective. From what i heard, you shouldnt even get past 80C with it.

I suggest you just exchange it for a new one while its under warranty.

Destroyer99 wrote:
You have the GTX 660m with the new Kepler. For you to get above 90C means it really is defective. From what i heard, you shouldnt even get past 80C with it.

I suggest you just exchange it for a new one while its under warranty.

it was not the GPU that overheated, it's the CPU that overheated 😛