cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G55 - BIOS 217 - Power Button Fail. Again.

rewben
Level 13
i had the same experience as the 214 with the new 217. again 😕

is the new bios all model variant specific?

what i did:
- did a CMOS reset (as described here)
- flash the new bios

it has the same symptoms: the power button freezes when i shut down, reboot, or put the laptop to sleep (it will never wake up again).

the good news is those of you who don't have my model variant can enjoy 😕
7 REPLIES 7

mrwolf
Level 10
Sorry to hear that 😕 But this is precisley why i have not changed my BIOS.. Just left it stock..

ggBanks
Level 10
From where did you download this version? It is not in the official drivers page.

rewben
Level 13
@mrwolf, yeah you're probably right 😕 . it's pretty weird because the system with the new bios is running fine; i wonder what caused the power button to freeze..

@ggBanks, http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/Gaming_Powerhouse/G55VW/

ggBanks
Level 10
Why isn't ROG site updated? Talking about ASUS and customer support... I am getting disappointed.

rewben
Level 13
uh? don't be haha!

i think most people would visit ASUS's main sites first. it makes sense to update those main sites first before this one 🙂

Pitcher1
Level 9
hi, ASUS support site is putting release driver, utility, BIOS, about your problem, i suggest you send back to ASUS service center to check it.

rewben
Level 13
yes, Mike, thank you 🙂 i will send it back when i really need to.

this just serves as a heads-up to those who wished to upgrade, so that they don't get panic.

as long you have a c:\G55VW.BIN in place (stock bios or whatever later versions that works), you can always revert to it by doing the CTRL+HOME combo during boot.