cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G55 - BIOS 214 - Power Button Fail

rewben
Level 13
a heads up: please do not update your bios to 214. the functions of power button have failed:

1. when you shut down your g55, the lid of power button will not turn off (frozen). you have to do force shutdown.
2. when you put your g55 to sleep, it will sleep forever. pressing on the frozen power button will not wake it up. force reboot is required.

i was so happy when i saw that and i thought the bugs for keyboard lid could finally be resolved 😕

p.s.: in case you didn't turn the liveupdate off, recovery steps can be found here (not for the faint hearted; please ask for help from those who know what they are doing!)

edit: found another way to perform bios recovery (which is much more dangerous according to many! i put it here because some succeeded when they couldn't use the much safer recovery steps mentioned above)
2 REPLIES 2

ggBanks
Level 10
Thanx for the heads up rewben!!! Gosh, I am so happy I didn't look for driver updates this time...

I'd imagine they would have a spare G55V laying around that they would test this BIOS on before they release it to the public, huh?
Asus G55VW-RS71 - i7 3610QM, 8GB DDR3, GTX 660M 2GB, 128GB OCZ Vertex 4 SSD