cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G53SW Screen Flicker ?

BoxKiD
Level 7
hey guys im new to this forum as i just got my g53sw about a week ago 😄

ive noticed i while get a screen flicker for about 0.5 seconds its really fast and it only occurs when i play a game without the ac power supply plugged in...

is there anyway to fix this any help would be great

Thanks in Advance
*UPDATE*
Video of the issue
26 REPLIES 26

still have this problem and i cant seem to fix it , as far as i can remeber it wasnt like this when i first got it..

i could play dirt3 on battery fine but now... i cant play it as the frame rate will be at 50-ish for a while then screen blinks and it drops to 15 for a few seconds then back up....

some people can play crysis 2 on battery and i cant

Esvensrud wrote:
I dont think its PowerMizer because I installed Nvidia PowerMizer Manager and it says that i dont have PowerMizer settings in registry...

That tool is incompatible with Vista / Win 7. Every driver from NVIDIA has PowerMizer. 🙂
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

irdmoose
Level 10
Have you tried ThrottleStop? It seems to be solving a similar problem for others.

Chastity
Level 10
Yep, sounds like the atypical throttle issue with Sandy lappies.

Mason
Level 10
If it seems to be switching back and forth between power modes (FPS changes not due to change in graphics complexity on screen) then I would recommend sending your laptop in so we can take a look at it.

Mason@ASUS wrote:
If it seems to be switching back and forth between power modes (FPS changes not due to change in graphics complexity on screen) then I would recommend sending your laptop in so we can take a look at it.

how would i send to asus ? information on this would be very helpful

BoxKiD
Level 7
ive been reading and this issue seems quite common so is it just the G53SW-XN1 that have this problem .. im thinking is a power issue and it only occurs while running nearly any 3d applications maybe its the battery?

Chastity
Level 10
PM Mason@Asus your contact info (email, phone number, name, serial number, address, model number) and he can setup an RMA for you.

BoxKiD
Level 7
do they charge you for shipping etc?

Chastity
Level 10
To the OP and Boxkid, the two with flickering screens, are these models with 3D screens?