cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G53SW - missing keystrokes / touchpad issues

Retired
Not applicable
There are fixes for G73 models, but I can't find any for the G53. Are G73 fixes applicable for G53 as well?

I was looking on the ASUS website to update my bios but the latest version is 203, which I have already. I'm quite sure I have the latest drivers, which are the ones from the ASUS website. G73 fixes ask for v213, which I'm hesitant to use on my G53 since I'm not sure if the difference in model has any effect.

My symptoms are strange in that normal use of my laptop, while I am writing this post, I'm not having missed keystrokes. Once I load a game (Skyrim, HoN) the missing keystrokes become apparent. All in all it's an intermittent problem which makes it so frustrating to deal with!

The touchpad is unresponsive at times - mainly when tapping or double tapping. It also jumps around randomly, which is really frustrating as well.

Can any users share any successful experiences they've had with this issue so far?
4 REPLIES 4

midihooker
Level 7
i got a new touchpad for my g73sw. That was the only thing that helped me.
Im Peter, a G73SW user from sweden:)

I've got a g53sw as well and have started having the exact same symptoms with its touchpad. I haven't noticed the keyboard issue yet but that's probably cos i have another usb keyboard that i use instead.

The touchpad problem is EXTREMELY annoying as it requires a reboot to make it go away and always seems to start happening right at the worst possible time. It basically renders the touchpad completely useless when it starts happening.

shaneh20 wrote:
I've got a g53sw as well and have started having the exact same symptoms with its touchpad. I haven't noticed the keyboard issue yet but that's probably cos i have another usb keyboard that i use instead.

The touchpad problem is EXTREMELY annoying as it requires a reboot to make it go away and always seems to start happening right at the worst possible time. It basically renders the touchpad completely useless when it starts happening.

Are you within your retailer's return window?

BrodyBoy wrote:
Are you within your retailer's return window?

Yeah, i think so. Altho, i'd rather it just be a driver bug or something that can be patched to save me the trouble of having to send it away for a few weeks for repair.