cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G53JW HDMI connection to TV doesnt last

andy6j6
Level 7
Hello, I feel I have a very unique problem. I can stream bluray movie files, any web videos (netflix/youtube), and even a snes emulator to my tv no problem.
The problem is when i run a modern game. When i run a game, everything will be peachy keen for a very random amount of time, its different with different tvs and hdmi cords and games.
but, no matter what its always a matter of when, not if. after a while of everything working great the tv will automatically with no warning change to a non supported resolution. this usually results in a blue screen.
the game will still be running fine btw, if i yank the hdmi cord it will just pop up on my laptop screen like nothing is wrong, audio, everything. if i play the game on my laptop without plugging into a tv via hdmi, nothing wrong will happen.
has anybody got any ideas on what this could be? ive played around with the resolution before starting a game, playing with the nvidia scaling modes, i cant find what is causing it. replacing an hdmi port is not cheap. any input would be greatly appreciated
0 REPLIES 0