cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G53JW-3DE and NVIDIA Stereoscopic Lag in 2D

Retired
Not applicable
I've been really frustrated for the past week or two (just got my G53JW-3DE) about performance in 2D situations.

Symptoms:

• Input (keyboard, mouse) was delayed
  • Browsing the net was painfully slow
  • Seemed as if I received a laptop with a crippled processor

So I went on a exploratory mission to figure out what in the world was causing this mysterious lag/stuttering/slow down on my brand new laptop! I updated the NVIDIA drivers, and pretty much every driver I could think of (yes there is a way to get the latest NVIDIA drivers w/ the emitter working) and all of which had the same symptoms.

I then formatted and installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 Profession x64 that I had available. Lag was not present when no drivers were installed. I slowly installed drivers until the lag re-occurred. After installing the NVIDIA Graphics & 3D Drivers -- and then enabling stereoscopic 3d mode, the lag returned. It was the first and only driver I installed.

Long Story Short:

• NVIDIA Stereoscopic 3D being enabled causes lag in 2D environments (such as web browsing)
  • Opening the NVIDIA control panel and disabling it is an annoying work-around
  • Latest drivers from NVIDIA also exhibited the same behaviour

I opened a support ticket with NVIDIA because I wasn't certain who to talk to about this. Is there someone from Asus who could reproduce this error and contact NVIDIA as well? I would love to use my new laptop as intended!

Does anyone else exhibit these same symptoms?
1 REPLY 1

jorlanm
Level 7
yeah i get the same issue with my ASUS ROG G73SW-3DE...funny thing is the 3D toggle button dont fix it...I have to disable it at the nVidia settings...
-ASUS ROG G73SW-3DE-
-Intel Core i7-2630QM Mobile Quad Processor
-Intel HM65 Express Chipset +ICH10
-17.3" 1920x1080 120Hz Anti-Glare Matte Screen
-nVidia GeForce GTX 460m 1.5GB GDDR5 VRAM
-nVidia 3D Vision Active Shutter Glasses
-Creative EAX Advanced HD 5.0
-THX TruStudio
-8GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM (Max 32GB)
-2x500 Seagate Momentous XT Hybrid HDD
-Blu-Ray 4x Burner
-Logitech Performance MX Darkfield Laser Mice