cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G53 3 time RMA

Acdrewalex
Level 7
The first week of July 2012 my G53 went in for repair of a broken power plug port. 2 weeks later the computer was returned to me without "my original box" I sent with it, computer housing was cracked with part of the plastic broke off, white paint ( or white material ) all over the screen an speaker area, and small surface scratches. I immediately called the Support center and was told to send in pictures and then someone would call me in 24-48 hours. I immediately sent in the pictures and never received a call. 5 days later I called backed was asked to send in the computer for repair. I then sent in the computer and 2 weeks later received the computer back not fixed and with a new problem the fans making a whineing noise at shutoff. I immediately called Asus support again and was told to send in pictures and I would receive a call from a manager in 24-48 hours. 3 days later and no call from Asus so I called again. I was then told to send in more pictures and someone would call me in 24-48 hours. The next day Asus called me and I was asked to send in the computer. The rep that called me said I would be sending it to the corporate office to him and he assured me that it would be returned to me the next day after receipt and he would also contact me when he received it. I noticed the address that i was sending it to was the same place that had damaged the computer the first time. Last Friday I tracked the computer and it showed that the repair center had received it on Wednesday. I called Asus support and was told that I would receive the laptop on Monday. I called back today and was told that I am waiting on parts and there is no expected time of return. No phone calls or emails again from Asus.
This problem Has now been almost 8 weeks, I use my laptop for work and have not had it for 8 weeks. I spent $1400 on it in January and had to sell my Alienware to be able to afford it. I am 40 years old and have had Dell's all my life. I bought an Asus because you get more bang for your buck. Out of the 9 Dell computers I have owned and still own I have had only 1 motherboard repair that took 1 day, because they come to my home. Asus has lied to me and treated me like I do not matter. Unfortunately I am at the mercy of your company because I cannot afford $1400 for a new Alienware ( I am an engineer and require certain power and graphical needs). All I have is this iPad that I am using to type this message that would have taken half the time if I had a computer.
I need an immediate resolution, please or at least my money back so I can create my own resolution?
52 REPLIES 52

Well its been 4 1/2 months since this all started and 5 weeks since I PM'd Mason, was told by customer service that someone would call me in 24-48 hours, and complained to BBB. Today I received a response from Asus through the BBB.

I would cut and paste the letter but they have a cute little disclaimer at the bottom that says this is "off the record"/confidential and not for publication. So I will put it in my own words.
Trevor Costanza from Asus said he was sorry for my continued issues and unfortunately the only resolution he can offer me is to send the computer in for inspection and if they can replicate the issues offer to fix or a refurbished replacement.
Then he quoted me the warranty:
''If the product fails during normal and proper use within the warranty period, ASUS will, at its discretion, repair or replace the defective parts within the product, or the product itself, with items that are functionally equivalent to that as originally supplied, or better, during the warranty period defined for the model, using new or refurbished parts or units.''

I do not disagree with the warranty under normal conditions, but these are extreme conditions of negligence, willful intent to defraud me of my rights under warranty, and malicously damaging my property with intent.
I say this because the company knows of its RMA issues and yet does nothing about cleaning it up.
The power socket on the G series computer should be recalled, am I wrong? How many new problems are created through the negligence of the RMA depatment? The RMA repairmen have a quota to repair so many units per shift and this creates negligence since there is not proper oversight and terrible working conditions.

My product was only 5 months old when I sent it in to get the power socket replaced. Asus damaged and trashed a brand new computer through their negligence. If I wanted to save money and buy a refurbished computer then I would have. I spent more for new and they wrecked it!!!!!!! Now they want to send me someone elses wreck!!!!!

Now they want to quote me warranty, who is protecting the customer from Asus's refusal to follow their warranty and fix the product in a timely manner and send the computer back without new problems in the same condition it was sent in? They are defrauding innocent consumers ( victims ) out of their money. They are getting away with it because thay have all the money. We are at their mercy and their negligence.
I learned a valuable lesson "Buy a Dell" and I did buy a Dell 5 weeks ago. Although my G53 had better bang for the buck it only worked for 5 months and then the power went out for good!!!!!

:mad:

PM @cl-scott, @Mason left and may not have been able to hand off everything to his replacement. Hope you get better results from him.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

chrsplmr
Level 18
This is where I usually say M-A-S-O-N !!! but ... have you PM'd cl-scott ??? Is there anything he can do ??

This is sickening .. as already stated .. there are no words left .. Asus. What the Dell ???

** cl-scott++ ..ur ROG is show'n... and noted.c.

cl-scott
Level 12
Unfortunately, if he's already initiated a BBB complaint, I'm not allowed to touch it anymore. Anytime the BBB or a lawsuit is involved, it gets handed off to someone else, and I am probably pushing things a little just posting this. If OP wanted to retract the BBB complaint, I could probably kind of skirt the rules saying technically there wasn't a BBB complaint anymore, but that has to be the OP's call.

chrsplmr
Level 18
brotherGorman .. You know why .. pesky international trade laws .. it shouldn't be, but it is.
... and bad Asus policy.imho (ROG is Global and in my view, borderless .. )

BBB ??? Extortionists.imho.
I worked for them for 1week .. took me a month to wash the stank from my mouth.
Dues so they Don't ... better sign up right away.
The first time I read the sales pitch I thought they were kidding, then the manager
started bragging how much money we were going to make .. and how businesses
really had no choice, because if they didnt join and there was a call ... blah blah blah

Thats when I started working for the Sanctuary .. I knocked 5miles, both sides of
RT.41, Ft.Myers businesses to feed those animals .. the BBB declined to participate .. so
I commissioned a huge sign for the Sanctuary fence (reserved usually for high dollar sponsors)
saying so ... hahahhahaa .. put it right on the front corner (first view of the fence)
... as far as I know, they are still sponsors today ..hahaha .. I learned 'that' from 'them'.c.

chrsplmr wrote:
BBB ??? Extortionists.imho.
I worked for them for 1week .. took me a month to wash the stank from my mouth.
Dues so they Don't ... better sign up right away.
The first time I read the sales pitch I thought they were kidding, then the manager
started bragging how much money we were going to make .. and how businesses
really had no choice, because if they didnt join and there was a call ... blah blah blah

Thats when I started working for the Sanctuary .. I knocked 5miles, both sides of
RT.41, Ft.Myers businesses to feed those animals .. the BBB declined to participate .. so
I commissioned a huge sign for the Sanctuary fence (reserved usually for high dollar sponsors)
saying so ... hahahhahaa .. put it right on the front corner (first view of the fence)
... as far as I know, they are still sponsors today ..hahaha .. I learned 'that' from 'them'.c.

What is it though?

ASUS isn't fixing the problem, so it's pretty obvious we need to do something.

Gorman wrote:
What is it though?

ASUS isn't fixing the problem, so it's pretty obvious we need to do something.

++for this question. Sounds like the title of a Great Thread .. could be.
How can Asus improve RMA's ??? .. besides a little QC.c.

bitt3n
Level 7
The power pin hasn't failed yet on my G53, but it's about to be serviced by RMA for another issue. Is it possible to get them to swap out the relevant part now rather than wait until it fails and have to suffer the lost time and expense of sending it back again? I've asked the RMA dept but they have been unresponsive.

I'm not asking for them to fix it under warranty, I would expect to pay to have it replaced, but if they don't need to swap out the entire motherboard I expect it would be far cheaper to do it while the unit's already in for service.

I wouldn't. I had my G73 Pin fixed.... 2 years ago? It hasn't failed since. And honestly, to dig into one of these rigs and fix them isn't that difficult. It would be good experience for when your rig is not under warranty anymore to learn this.

TeRmInAsHuNaToR wrote:
I wouldn't. I had my G73 Pin fixed.... 2 years ago? It hasn't failed since. And honestly, to dig into one of these rigs and fix them isn't that difficult. It would be good experience for when your rig is not under warranty anymore to learn this.

My understanding is that replacing the connector (without swapping out the motherboard) requires soldering, which I have no practice doing. I might be misinformed however.