cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G53 3 time RMA

Acdrewalex
Level 7
The first week of July 2012 my G53 went in for repair of a broken power plug port. 2 weeks later the computer was returned to me without "my original box" I sent with it, computer housing was cracked with part of the plastic broke off, white paint ( or white material ) all over the screen an speaker area, and small surface scratches. I immediately called the Support center and was told to send in pictures and then someone would call me in 24-48 hours. I immediately sent in the pictures and never received a call. 5 days later I called backed was asked to send in the computer for repair. I then sent in the computer and 2 weeks later received the computer back not fixed and with a new problem the fans making a whineing noise at shutoff. I immediately called Asus support again and was told to send in pictures and I would receive a call from a manager in 24-48 hours. 3 days later and no call from Asus so I called again. I was then told to send in more pictures and someone would call me in 24-48 hours. The next day Asus called me and I was asked to send in the computer. The rep that called me said I would be sending it to the corporate office to him and he assured me that it would be returned to me the next day after receipt and he would also contact me when he received it. I noticed the address that i was sending it to was the same place that had damaged the computer the first time. Last Friday I tracked the computer and it showed that the repair center had received it on Wednesday. I called Asus support and was told that I would receive the laptop on Monday. I called back today and was told that I am waiting on parts and there is no expected time of return. No phone calls or emails again from Asus.
This problem Has now been almost 8 weeks, I use my laptop for work and have not had it for 8 weeks. I spent $1400 on it in January and had to sell my Alienware to be able to afford it. I am 40 years old and have had Dell's all my life. I bought an Asus because you get more bang for your buck. Out of the 9 Dell computers I have owned and still own I have had only 1 motherboard repair that took 1 day, because they come to my home. Asus has lied to me and treated me like I do not matter. Unfortunately I am at the mercy of your company because I cannot afford $1400 for a new Alienware ( I am an engineer and require certain power and graphical needs). All I have is this iPad that I am using to type this message that would have taken half the time if I had a computer.
I need an immediate resolution, please or at least my money back so I can create my own resolution?
52 REPLIES 52

chrsplmr
Level 18
PM(PrivateMessege) Mason@Asus or cl-scott (also he is at asus but not @Asus) and forward your
rma #'s ect ... it helps to get 'eyes on the ground' watching 'for' you... they do.

Best of Luck .. we have heard this story far to many times .. and there simply is no excuse.c.

chrsplmr wrote:
PM(PrivateMessege) Mason@Asus or cl-scott (also he is at asus but not @Asus) and forward your
rma #'s ect ... it helps to get 'eyes on the ground' watching 'for' you... they do.

Best of Luck .. we have heard this story far to many times .. and there simply is no excuse.c.

I sent a PM to Mason on Monday and have not heard anything, he must be out of office. I will try cl-Scott, hopefully he can help.

dstrakele
Level 14
What is the address of the ASUS Repair Center you're using for your multiple RMA's?
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

dstrakele wrote:
What is the address of the ASUS Repair Center you're using for your multiple RMA's?

1171 Montague Expressway
Milpitas, CA 95035

Acdrewalex wrote:
1171 Montague Expressway
Milpitas, CA 95035

WOW - It wasn't long ago I read that was the BEST ASUS Repair Facility in the US. What an embarassment!

Do PM Mason@ASUS on this forum. He has helped many in your situation.

Gorman
Level 12
Yup, us G53 owners always get treated this way. Mine has gone back 4 times in 12 months, ASUS will not help you.

ASUS will categorically refuse to give you a refund - and getting a replacement will require you to start a suite against ASUS (literally the only person I know of who has gotten a replacement sued ASUS). You will never get a refund.

G53's are expensive trash. Your best bet is to find a local electrician/hobbyist who can replace the plug to one that doesn't break every 10 weeks.

Join the G53 failure thread, not long ago we had a brief discussion about a class action suite...
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?1800-power-connector-pin-broke-on-my-G53jw/page18
You are not alone 😕

cl-scott
Level 12
I'd have to double check on Google Maps, but I think I drive nearby that facility every day on my way to/from work. If someone here (at Asus) wants to give me the authority to go there, knock some heads around, and shape things up, I'd be all over it. 😄 That'd be a fun job to me, going around to various Asus service centers and making sure they adhere to my very exacting standards.

P.S. The OP's laptop has already shipped from the repair facility.

chrsplmr
Level 18
~~ cheers ~~ The cl-Scott Plan .. shouldn't have to babysit 'pros'.
Sign the work .. those not meeting standards consistantly .. pink slip.

UnEmployment is around 11% in California. Somebody would love that job and do it.c.

I think it would be a good idea for @cl-scott to check out the Milpitas Service Center. It could help ASUS by getting a fresh view of what's actually happening there. It sounds like there is definitely some sort of problem.

Looking at the other (repair tech) side, it could be possible the techs are being extremely overworked. If you had to repair more laptops per day than humanly possible, and you find out the motherboard you just replaced on one turned out to be defective, and it's the second defective motherboard you installed today, and now you're out of that specific motherboard and will fall further behind, and new defective laptops are coming in boatloads every day, it could explain the poor customer service. It'd be hard to love a job like that....