cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G50VT Windows 10 Nightmare In cCarnage

Ricardo34gtr
Level 7
So after having my G50VT for a couple years never had any issues in Windows 7, even tho I had to install a couple of drivers no biggie it just got more and more awesome. One day my curiosity push me on installing windows 8.1 bad idea.. [emoji27] From then my awesome gaming computer turn to **** "at least my LED display works" I thought to my self "and my hot keys" but no drivers so goodbye functionality. After came windows 10 (hell as I called it). After a about a year with windows 10 I have formatted it about 5 times. Last format I lost my LED display and my hotkeys and everything that made this a gaming Republic notebook. Today Monday, 1 Aug I got my hot keys back! But sadly my display is still dark with no signs of life. I'll tell everybody this if you love G50VT as you see it out of the box never I repeat NEVER! Update you will ruin your PC. If anybody knows how I can get my drivers back or fix my LED. Let me know but for mean time I have project build computer that needs repairs.

R.I.P G series [emoji24]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
2 REPLIES 2

JustinThyme
Level 13
Dont know what transpired but I have older machines than this running windows 10. My G74SX that came native with windows xp is running Win 10 flawlessly. When I see years and multiple formats along with it worked then it didnt posted I'm sorry but I have to call user error.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

danwat1234
Level 9
Ricardo34gtr wrote:
So after having my G50VT for a couple years never had any issues in Windows 7, even tho I had to install a couple of drivers no biggie it just got more and more awesome. One day my curiosity push me on installing windows 8.1 bad idea.. [emoji27] From then my awesome gaming computer turn to **** "at least my LED display works" I thought to my self "and my hot keys" but no drivers so goodbye functionality. After came windows 10 (hell as I called it). After a about a year with windows 10 I have formatted it about 5 times. Last format I lost my LED display and my hotkeys and everything that made this a gaming Republic notebook. Today Monday, 1 Aug I got my hot keys back! But sadly my display is still dark with no signs of life. I'll tell everybody this if you love G50VT as you see it out of the box never I repeat NEVER! Update you will ruin your PC. If anybody knows how I can get my drivers back or fix my LED. Let me know but for mean time I have project build computer that needs repairs.

R.I.P G series [emoji24]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

The green OLED display? That probably died not from you upgrading, but from power-on hours.. It does not last, on all Asus G50V/G50VT laptops the secondary OLED display has a short life.
The hot keys is just a driver issue.
If you factory reset back to WIndows Vista and then upgrade to 7 again your hot keys should work fine. Or just reinstall the correct driver.
That being said, I am running WIndows 8.1 just fine on my G50VT. About time to get a new laptop tho..