cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G-750 Hotkeys don't work

TumorKing
Level 7
Hi, I just bought an Asus G750 notebook and none of the hotkeys work. No volume, brightness, etc.
I have no idea why. Everything else works wonderfully. Anybody have any ideas?
6 REPLIES 6

ithanium2
Level 7
Did you install the ATK (ATKACPI driver and hotkey-related utilities) driver?

ithanium2 wrote:
Did you install the ATK (ATKACPI driver and hotkey-related utilities) driver?

These are suppose to be installed from factory and everything should work right out of the box, but reinstalling these, TumorKing, would be the first place to look to.

We customize Asus, MSI, and Clevo laptops!

Prostar Computer wrote:
These are suppose to be installed from factory and everything should work right out of the box, but reinstalling these, TumorKing, would be the first place to look to.

Yes...but not all G750's come with Windows installed. My JZ had FreeDOS...so basically no OS.
And to top that off, Asus did not bother to include a driver CD.

Wow. I didnt know it was possible to get them with no OS? Retail? Where are you located ithanium2 if you don't mind me asking? Just curious where you can get one of these without a MS OS?
(ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... 😞 )
MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Don't forget to hold the 'Fn' key while pressing those other keys? Press Fn+F5 a few times to dim the screen and Fn+F6 to brighten the screen, etc.

ithanium2
Level 7
In Romania and of course retail.
I bought the "cheapest", kinda lol to call it cheap, version with 1TB HDD, 16GB RAM and no OS.

But it's a common thing here for laptops to come with freeDOS or in best case Linux, because it cuts the price a little.