cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flow X13 2022 beware of new BIOS version

jasonwong28hk
Level 7
For Flow X13 2022 version latest BIOS 315 and 316, there are problems waking up the screen. Stay away from it.

I've tested for several days, after the monitor turned off but not long enough to go to sleep mode yet (you can see the white power light on the side still ON), you cannot wake the screen up by pressing any buttons, mouse click or power button. You need to force shutdown the laptop and turn back on.

This happen randomly but quite frequent.

Asus support is asking me to log the problem, but as from experience, Asus development team will not really hear what we report. So save yourself to stay away from these 2 new BIOS version and stick with 314
6 REPLIES 6

Zuburck
Level 7
jasonwong28hk wrote:
For Flow X13 2022 version latest BIOS 315 and 316, there are problems waking up the screen. Stay away from it.

I've tested for several days, after the monitor turned off but not long enough to go to sleep mode yet (you can see the white power light on the side still ON), you cannot wake the screen up by pressing any buttons, mouse click or power button. You need to force shutdown the laptop and turn back on.

This happen randomly but quite frequent.

Asus support is asking me to log the problem, but as from experience, Asus development team will not really hear what we report. So save yourself to stay away from these 2 new BIOS version and stick with 314

Thanks for your post. I got the same problem. Have you found a solution to fix this critical bug?

Pretty similar happens to me with Asus ROG Z13. Only force shutdown helps.

I just downgraded the bios to 314. But same critical bug, impossible to use the sleeping mode.

Same problem here on the X13. Anyone ever get a fix from Asus? This is pretty basic functionality to screw up...

Well, I seem to have found a workaround and it's been a couple days with no failed wake ups.

I did a lot of troubleshooting, but the problem stopped after I uninstalled Armory Crate, disabled Armory Crate in BIOS and did an AMD Auto Update. I suspect it was Armory Crate causing the problem. Not a big loss but I will miss the mux switch.

MerApple
Level 7

For me version 315 bricked the computer completly. After update it refuses to boot.
So I agree stay away from this version. This is first time bios get bricked for me during update. I followed all instructions to update but still it failed. 

I have opened ticket with asus support. But I doubt they can help me 😞