cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Few question about my new rog laptop

markemby753
Level 7
I just bought a new rog laptop and planing to upgrade its ram,
my first question is, does memory timing and brand matter? i found a similar ram on amazon should i buy it or just buy a new dual channel kit?
my second question is, is my laptop battery okay even if i play game while it's charging?

thanks
1 REPLY 1

PowerPein
Level 7
markemby753 wrote:
I just bought a new rog laptop and planing to upgrade its ram,
my first question is, does memory timing and brand matter? i found a similar ram on amazon should i buy it or just buy a new dual channel kit?
my second question is, is my laptop battery okay even if i play game while it's charging?

thanks

When buying a RAM module, pay attention to the following: RAM type (eg SD-DDR4), frequency (eg 2666MHz), timing are important if you are running an extremely resource-intensive program, such as a 3D graphics design program, or you are performing extremely complex programming. For the average user, the timings that are included in the original RAM are appropriate.
With an analytics program or disassembling your laptop, you need to make sure before you buy what kind it is and what you looked right.
Battery charging is handled by a completely independent system. Sometimes the machine also uses it when you play to regenerate the battery a little.
Don't want to play about Akks. There will be no power, plus the battery will break down sooner.