cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faint lines on G75

tucupz
Level 7
I need help. So ive recently noticed these horizontal lines across my G75VW-NH71 on certain dark color but not black.

This has been talked about before: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?20249-Weird-faint-screen-lines-over-everything-on-G75WV-BBK...

I connected a separate monitor and was not replicating the issues i have on my laptop. I updated my Nvidia driver (GTX 670M) to
the latest driver on the Nvidia website, 340.52. No luck.

I bumped up my refresh rates up to 68 with no luck either.

Help! It is very annoying when im trying to watch videos or doing video editing. These lines are actually visible in the text box i am
typing in right now. They are very faint, do not flicker and appear in certain colors.
1 REPLY 1

Decadia
Level 7
Those lines are known to appear in some of g75 laptops. A small fix for it is tweaking your brightness/contrast or switching the Hertz(lower/higher) or checking 16bit in Nvidia control panel. You cannot completely remove them unless you upgrade your screen. If you press fn + F6/f5 see if they go away. Usually its certain screen models. You can go to your device manager and post the model here for reference.