cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experience with G731GW Fan + Noise

Dannemann85
Level 7
Hi

I´ve got a question about your experience with ASUS ROG G731GW Notebooks.

I bought this Notebook In Fall 2019 and had a G751JT (2014) before.
The Fan noise is massive louder as is was in the old G751JT.

With the Armoury Crate Fan Option "Quiet" (translated from German, sorry for that if it isn´t called like this) games like "World War Z" or older ones are lagging.
To solve the lagging i´ve changed to a mode with more power, but this will start the fan to go louder.
While using Word, Excel and Web (not many workload) on a 31,5" AOC Display, the fan starting also often which is going to get loud. :confused:

All Updates, Firmware, Nvidia drivers are up to date.

The noise is no scratching or something like that, it´s only the spinning fan which is loud.

Which experience did somebody of you made with the G731GW.

I would be happy about any answer.
5 REPLIES 5

AtGrigorov
Level 10
Same here. It's just the way it is. Hot chips need powerful cooling.

just if you move your mouse a couple of time fans go around 35-40 dba (noise level) ridiculous

i reckon the screenshot is during idle or nothing major was impacting the hardware but that RPM is just insane...i mean who can bear this in a room 🙂 ...well oh sorry I forgot it`s gaming , there you are an oven 😄

l.e. : you may try the latest gpu driver from asus driver portal - install - go to nvidia control panel - power management mode select nvidia driver controlled.

Dannemann85
Level 7
Hi, thanks for your replies! 😄

The Power management mode didn´t change anything.

But I´m getting relaxed, because it´s not only my device. It seems to be factory default.

I´ll use most time a headset while gaming ( noise canceling 😛 ) , but I also use it for office work.
The power is good for gaming but I need to be alone in a room because of the dBA
I´ll wait for some more experince before I buy a ASUS G-Notebook next time.:rolleyes:

BtW: I´ve made the best experience with Windows Mode. You haven´t to change the mode while changing from Office (Silent mode) to Gaming (Power Mode).

Blake1
Level 10
Hello Dannemann85,
Thank you for your feedback, it is reported and we will dig in.
If there is any further issue, like fan having strange sound other than the spinning sound,
or is not spinning according to the mode change, please let us know.
Thank you again.

I´ve installed the Firmware 308 today. We will see .;)