Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers, Apps, and How-to's

JRd1st
Level 12
ROG Drivers

Chipset

New Intel Chipset INF Update Utility 9.3.0.1019 (core drivers) - Run in command line with -overall parameter
Intel Rapid Storage Technology 10.8.0.1003 - Release Notes

Keyboard

ATK Package 1.0.0014

KB Filter 1.003 x64

USB 3.0

Fresco Logic USB 3.0 v3.5.4.0

Touchpad

Sentelic Touchpad 9.1.3.5 - Recommended
Sentelic Touchpad 9.1.7.7

Synaptics 15.3.17.0 - from Asus FTP (excruciatingly slow)
Synaptics Scrybe Driver v 15.2.20 - from Synaptics

Audio

Realtek HD Audio ALC269 Drivers R2.67 Official

LAN Adapter

New Realtek 8168 LAN Driver v7.050

Atheros LAN Adapter Driver v1.0.2.43

WLAN

Atheros AR9002WB-1NG WiFi v9.2.1.470

Intel 6230 WiFi/BT Combo Card and Intel 6150 w/WIMAX (for those who replaced their Atheros WiFi/BT Adapter) - Intel WiFi 14.3.0.6

Bluetooth

Atheros 3304 7.4.0.98 Bluetooth Drivers

Intel 6230 WiFi/BT Combo Card (for those who replaced their Atheros WiFi/BT Adapter)
Intel Bluetooth 1.1.0.0

Graphics Adapter

Look HERE for the latest nVidia Graphics Drivers.

Catalyst Software Suite 11.12

Look HERE for ATI Crap Cleaner

Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader

Driver 6.1.7600.10001

Windows 7 Home Premium w/SP1 Integrated ISO
(burn to DVD with Windows Disk Image Burner for install disk, use activation code on label under notebook)

User Manuals - for those who RTFM first. 😉

G74SX

G73SW,JW G73JH

G53SX
G53JW G53SW

Asus Apps to Keep

intentionally left blank

Useful Apps

7-Zip

ABR (Activation Backup and Restore) - Info Just may save you a call to Microsoft. Be sure to download the Beta version.

CCleaner (Wait for the "Slim Build" or D/L the Installer version but don't forget to uncheck the toolbar option!!)

CPU-Z RoG 1.59 - Monitor CPU info with RoG skin

EaseUs Partition Master Home - is a ALL-IN-ONE partition solution and disk management freeware.

DPC Latency Checker - Very useful for troubleshooting lag or media dropouts

Driver Sweeper - Latest Version

GPU Tweak 2.0.3.0 - Public release. (updated by MarshallR)

HWInfo64 - Temperature Monitoring

Intel SSD Toolbox 3.0.1 - info

Media Player Classic Home Cinema

Notepad++ - Open Source source code editor and Notepad replacement

Partition Wizard Home - freeware partition manager. Allows copying (cloning) a partition to the same sized disk (must be rezized before copy operation begin). Also comes in bootable ISO version which has no limitations! .

Throttle Stop - Latest Version

Ubuntu 11.10 Bootable ISO - If you have a suspected hardware problem that doesn't involve playing games or using Skype etc, burn this iso and boot from it. Do you still have the problem? If yes, then hardware, else maybe Windows/drivers. Be sure to download the 64-bit ISO! 😄

Volumouse - to dim display without causing flickering (Read THIS Post)

Useful Links

Black Viper's Win7 Super Tweaks

Black Viper's Win7 SP1 Service Configurations

Reinstall the Chipset (Core) Drivers

1. Put the installer infinst_autol.exe into a folder
2. Using Windows Explorer click on empty space in that folder
3. Shift +Right-click that empty space then select Open command window from the menu
4. In the Command Window type infinst_autol -overall and press enter
5. Allow the installer to do it's thing.
6. Restart Windows

The Safer Method to Flash a System BIOS

1. Format a USB drive to FAT32 format.
2. Download the new BIOS and unzip it to the USB drive.
3. Remove USB drive after you're certain the file transfer is complete.
4. Restart your notebook and while the ASUS logo is on the screen press F2 or del a few times to enter the BIOS setup.
5. Find the Easy Flash Utility and insert the USB drive. Tell Easy flash where your BIOS file is then follow directions explicitely!!!
6. When your notebook restarts, enter the BIOS Setup utility again and select "Load Optimized Defaults" (I think it's f9 )
7. Save and Exit, then continue into Windows.
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com
660 REPLIES 660

SerosRDPS wrote:
I just wanted to say thank you for the extremely well put together post. I've been scowering the internet for the correct way to put a SSD on my G57VW-BBK5.

First I was just going to image the recovery partition that comes with the computer, but when I saw how large it was I suspected shaninigins. I was right, it contained tons of bloat-ware. Looks like the link you gave me for win7 iso will work with the code under my computer to install the nice fresh windows 7 without any of the bloat. So now I can just put the ssd on my desktop, make a hidden/active partition with the ISO image on it, then install windows uber quick from the ssd once I put it in the laptop.

Then you give me all the links to the drivers that will be missing so I can just add a little folder on the hidden partition.

My mind is not as well organized as yours so I can't make the most coherent posts, but the gist is:

Thank you for all the great resources in one nicely laid out post. I will share this with my buddies.

Haha I'm in the wrong forum. Great post in this forum though. Hopefully they post something like this for the G75VW

A huge thanks go out to JRd1st for starting this thread and to everyone that has had input with suggestions. I recieved my G74 Friday when I got home from work. I re-installed Windows 7 at work yesterday(don't judge me lol), then spent about an hour once I got off installing drivers, and I must say that so far I love this rig. Tonight I will check my bios and try to figure out if it's worth trying to do the bios update. In closing I just want to say thank you all, this would have been like Mission Impossible without this thread.hahahaha..

I did the BIOS upgrade ... but now I'm thinking that killed my Bluethooth ... the radio is turned on, per the ASUS shiny thingies, but the Bleuthooth adapter is not connected. When I click on the icon it starts searching for bluetooth devices - and never finishes. If I right click on properties, and select bluetooth, the same thing happens .... it is searching for something it cannot find.

HI i bought an asus desktop and it didnt come with the System CD i need to reinstal a fresh copy on my windows 7 Home premium 64 bit With the Asus OEM so my cd key that is on my case can work!!!

JRd1st
Level 12
Thank you so much!

Giving Rep points doesn't work here like it does other places. I think they moderate it or something because when I give someone a point, I never see anything happen on their Rep Power. :shrug:

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor

Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

JRd1st wrote:
Thank you so much!

Giving Rep points doesn't work here like it does other places. I think they moderate it or something because when I give someone a point, I never see anything happen on their Rep Power. :shrug:

My understanding is that you need a lot of points to increase Rep Power. As far as I know nobody has power from points yet. Everyone who has power has it because of their account age or in the case of Brian, he's the administrator.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

fuzon1337
Level 10
Perhaps you could add HWInfo64, GPU Tweak, SIW (System information for windows (gtopala)) under useful apps ?
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

fuzon1337 wrote:
Perhaps you could add HWInfo64, GPU Tweak, SIW (System information for windows (gtopala)) under useful apps ?

The first one for sure, the others ill have to look at. 🙂

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor

Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

fuzon1337
Level 10
Hehe, ok 🙂