cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver issuesG74SX(SYnaptics, ATK, P4gear)

XveriunUln
Level 7
I had to turn in my laptop for some repair business, it was returned factory default settings. I've been having issues ever since, but since they seemed to be minor I paid no attention. Now I' begging to think it was the order I installed the drivers in. So which should I install first out of ATK, Synaptics Touch pad Drivers, and the power 4 gear. They seem to all have individual problems.
8 REPLIES 8

XveriunUln
Level 7
More detials Unable to connect to the Synaptics Pointing Device Driver. If you have installed another PS/2 Pointing Device Driver please unistall the Synaptics driver by clicking on the Yes button. You then need to reinstall your pointing device driver for your external device agian. ASUS live update is telling me over and over again to install the Synaptics touch pad driver, and power 4 gear hybrid utility, both of which I have installed numerous times. Getting a Fatal Error when trying to open Power 4 gear. Asus live support didnt help at all. Im not about to go back to factory default

XveriunUln
Level 7
Also if anyone knows how to uninstall power4gear hybrid, please clue me in

also does anyone know where the prnt screen command would save screen shots if it even works

XveriunUln
Level 7
Cannot get FN F9 key to work, the ROG key next to my power button doesnt do anything, nor does FN + space bar. Some Missing part of the ATK package was causing BSOD crashes, so I fixed that.

Pitcher1
Level 9
you can uninstall all driver from Control Pannal -> Programs and Features.
pleasee visit our support site to download all new drivers and utilities then install it.

XveriunUln
Level 7
I spent near 2 hours, talking to a live support agent. Who go nothing done. I got the BSOD error fixed with the help of my brother who is a computer engineer.

Pitcher1
Level 9
i suggest you sent to service center to check, it will be fast, maybe engineer reinstall OS again, the problem is fix.

XveriunUln
Level 7
Yeah that scares me. I have alot of downloads and items on here( takes me hours and hours and hours to replace everything). Every time I've taken this computer in for some sort of servicing the hard drive ends up getting wiped, or I'm back to a clean install. All drivers missing, most of which clearly don't even work. Some items like my digital copies I cannot replace. The BSOD and kernel data inpage erros are back now. Most often after closing the laptop screen with out actually telling the comp to go into sleep or hibernation modes. Ill come back a few hours later to a sound bug and a blue screen message, because the comp didnt enter into sleep. Other times in the middle of web browsing, comp slows up and then stops responding all together and then crashes to a blue screen. I've had more problems with asus comps than I would ever care to mention. Aside from that, the back ups I have used and done are usually corrupted, not really sure why that is. Even when I ask the service center to back my data up for me, they tend to fail or call back saying they couldn't( which some places charge an arm and leg for $50+++ to save my HDD, even though they are the ones wiping it)! :(:mad: