cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading New Drivers/Utilities for G75/G55

Cecil_2099
Level 11
For anyone looking for the place to download the latest drivers and utilities for the G75/G55, go to the following links:

G75: http://rog.asus.com/notebook/17-inch/g75vw/

G55: http://rog.asus.com/notebook/15-inch/g55vw/

Scroll down, click the "Download" tab, and select "Windows 7 64bit" in the OS drop down menu.

Files are posted in their categories in chronological order with more recent files at the top.

ASUS AI Recovery Utility is located in the "Utilities" Category.
G75VW-BBK5 (Stock configuration with added Crucial M4 256GB SATA SSD as OS boot drive)

Need to know how to restore your G75 to it's factory-like condition? Go to my step-by-step guide:
Step-by-Step: Using ASUS Recovery DVDs to Restore G75

Want to download the latest drivers and utilities for your G75/G55? Go to this thread:
30 REPLIES 30

Redking117
Level 7
Where are the latest sound drivers? 10500b? Not showing up in the 17" section

Cecil_2099
Level 11
The 10500b drivers are considered "beta" drivers, so ASUS has not officially released them. That's why they aren't in the 17" or 15" sections.
G75VW-BBK5 (Stock configuration with added Crucial M4 256GB SATA SSD as OS boot drive)

Need to know how to restore your G75 to it's factory-like condition? Go to my step-by-step guide:

Want to download the latest drivers and utilities for your G75/G55? Go to this thread:

Redking117
Level 7
So... where can we get the 10500b drivers.... I really don't understand why everyone is saying to get them but never WHERE to get them.

Cecil_2099
Level 11
I tried them and did not notice any difference in performance, sound quality, or fixes to the subwoofer issue compared to the 10400 version.

Why are the video drivers 4 months old that date on them is 26/04/2012, id like newer working drivers, as the default one on my laptop are Nvidia 296.44 and the latest drivers from Nvidia are 301.42 , which what my Desktop PC has on it.

I'm one of the many people that are getting flickering on my screen both on desktop/in games when using my laptop, I uninstalled the 3D drivers/controller and haven't had a flicker since.

my laptop specs are in my signature and yes I do have a 3D screen as my laptop came with 3D glasses.

The 3D controller drivers were 290.** and the 3D drivers were 296.44 so I believe it is a comparability issue that was causing the flickering, which stopped after i removed them.

So please up date the drivers so the all work harmoniously together.

Edit: I have tried the beta sound drivers and they don't anything to increase the volume, the laptop at full volume still sounds like it is at half volume, my old FJV** can't remember the exact model number has louder volume than my new G75VW and me old laptop is 4years old.

I'm not sure the ASUS folks are tracking this thread on driver statuses etc. I just made the thread because so many people were asking where to download them since we can't link directly to the drivers/utilities.

Bundy_Drop_Bear wrote:
my laptop specs are in my signature and yes I do have a 3D screen as my laptop came with 3D glasses.

And a lovely signature it is too 🙂 I'm guessing it's a custom job?