cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't buy asus before you read this

minisuper
Level 7
I love this G75 notebook....But...... Asus is not very customer freindly. I bought a G75 That pre-installed Windows 8 .
BIG MISTAKE !!!!!

After a hard drive failure I purchased a SSD drive. I called Asus and ordered Repair disks. I gave them all the specs as to
operating system, serial # , the whole deal . Turns out after charging me $61 for repair disks, they sent me Windows 7 repair
disks. AS it turns out after talking to Asus tech. Windows 7 repair disks will not work on Windows OEM. After Going through
hell for 2 week I finally downloaded Windows 8 Enterprise, but it is only good for 30 Days. Asus refuses to help me with a
serial number to validate or any other means other than sending back to the factory for repair or purchasing a full Windows 8 Os.

Moral.... Don't buy any computer from Asus with Pre-Installed windows 8 !:mad:
17 REPLIES 17

Tried the clean install.... Did'nt work. No option in Bios to load only Eufi. But did load from EUfi usb drive. after deleating partitions , no options to format it just starts loading windows. It loaded but in fat32... What did I do wrong. I followed all the steps ?

My mistake... 1 partition is 300mb recobery, 2 is 100mb efi system, 3 C is 111Gb ntfs boot and primary

dparish2
Level 7
Just download a Windows 8 dvd and install in... Your BIOS has the key embedded in it so it will just install without a problem. Even a Windows 8 Pro dvd will just install basic Windows 8 until you provide the Pro key. There are plenty of places you can get the DVD

dparish2
Level 7
Install *IT not in ha

minisuper
Level 7
My mistake... 1 partition is 300mb recobery, 2 is 100mb efi system, 3 C is 111Gb ntfs boot and primary

alpinestar
Level 7
It is rather easy to install fresh windows without ASUS boundles and all the unnecessary crap that comes with it, Just download trial version of windows 8 from microsoft burn it to DVD once you install it go online and it will activate your copy and you will have fresh new win 8 install, as far as drivers go don't count on ASUS because they are stuck on 310 nvidia drivers.. on their website. For this awesome card that resides in g75vx Im using the latest driver from nvidia and latest RST driver which incresease performance by at least 40% on RAID0 SSD builds also I modyfied my nvidia's BIOS so I have steady temps and very fast card running bf3 with everyhting on ultra without problems thats on multiplayer 64 🙂 ASUS is a good company but they should invest more money into supporting current products rather than releasing new ones and quickly abandoning last seasons ones 🙂 just my opinion

I appreciate your answer but you didnt answer my queston. I have win 8 on a usb drive. But when i do a clean install from eufi usb. It does not gie me the option to use eufi and it formats in ntfs. So now I have 3 partitions. 1 is 300mb recovery another is 100mb EFI, and the last" c" is 111gb ntfs.. boot and primary. Does not seem to be Eufi ???????

d_2
Level 7
I think that no one understands what you want. You expect a .uefi partition, or what?
The NTFS partitions sound just right, it's how it's supposed to be, at least until microsoft develops another file system...