cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does this G75/G55 have Thunderbolt? Look for the sticker!

X-ROG
Level 15
If you're in store and wondering if the G55/G75 you've been looking at has Thunderbolt, look for the sticker
(thanks colinoz for the picture).

We've removed the previous stamped logo on all models now (it was removed sometime ago actually, so pictures of earlier models on the net now don't represent exactly what you'll buy).
36 REPLIES 36

Uglykiwi
Level 7
does this apply to all g75vx model in all country??

does. g75vx-cvo88h comes with a thunderbolt??

X-ROG
Level 15
From what I understand this applies to all models now. I haven't seen the g75vx-cvo88h, best ask your retailer if it has a sticker.

DRAKON
Level 7
So models without the sticker have some port that actually does nothing or what?

Tsuki
Level 7
Can we get of list of which models have it?
My laptop makes your desktop self-conscious~ Now with more Hello Kitty!:o

Hello everyone, as you guys can see in the link below, i have a slightly different g75vw (G75VW-BHI7N07)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+17.3%26%2334%3B+Laptop+-+8GB+Memory+-+1TB+Hard+Drive+-+Black/6769...

It comes with updated windows (8) and updated processor (i7-3630QM).

So it very similar to the new g75vx except for the 670mx.

I want to know if it comes with the Thunderbolt port instead of the mini display port.

And if not, maybe this time we only need to update firmware/driver to make thunderbolt work?

Maybe in this uncommon case (BHI7N07), the laptop comes with the necessary hardware??

I`m wating for an answer,

thanks in advance.

How can we tell if a machine has thnderbolt when purchasing a system online?

Mako wrote:
How can we tell if a machine has thnderbolt when purchasing a system online?

Unfortunately, you will probably need to rely on the reseller to list that it has thunderbolt. But I would double check the unit when you receive it to be absolutely sure.

p4p4gaio wrote:
Hello everyone, as you guys can see in the link below, i have a slightly different g75vw (G75VW-BHI7N07)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+17.3%26%2334%3B+Laptop+-+8GB+Memory+-+1TB+Hard+Drive+-+Black/6769...

My G75VW does and it doesn't have a lame sticker either. The thunderbolt logo on mine is molded into the plastic. But mine is not the Best Buy model either. I got mine at Fry's w/ the 670m.

It comes with updated windows (8) and updated processor (i7-3630QM).

So it very similar to the new g75vx except for the 670mx.

I want to know if it comes with the Thunderbolt port instead of the mini display port.

And if not, maybe this time we only need to update firmware/driver to make thunderbolt work?

Maybe in this uncommon case (BHI7N07), the laptop comes with the necessary hardware??

I`m wating for an answer,

thanks in advance.

I got my G75VW at Fry's (670M) and it does have thunderbolt. But it doesn't have a lame sticker either. The logo is actually molded into the plastic casing. It looks like a little rectangle with a lightning bolt through it.
G75VW-RS72 | 3610QM | 32GB DDR1600 | GTX670M | 2x 240GB OCZ Vertex3 RAID0
Samsung ATIV Smart PC Tablet | Dual Atom CPU | 2GB DDR3 | Win 8 PRO
HP M6 | AMD A10-4600M APU | 16GB DDR1600 | HD7660G | 640GB HD
Google Nexus 7 Tablet 16GB | Droid Bionic w/hacked webtop (full linux)

I have that some one from best buy . got it 3 days ago and it has the thunderbolt sticker but I don't know what it does lol