cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you guys use screen protector for your laptop screen?

amirzubair80
Level 9
Hi there guys just wondering if you guys use screen protector for laptops? Little worried about my screen getting scratched. 😛
6 REPLIES 6

hmscott
Level 12
amirzubair80 wrote:
Hi there guys just wondering if you guys use screen protector for laptops? Little worried about my screen getting scratched. 😛

amirzubair80, have used Zagg coverings in the past for Macintosh glossy screens, but was told by Zagg that their screen materials aren't recommended for matte screens due to the difficulty in adhering and potential for staining of the matte material.

So I have gone without screen protectors on the last few ROG laptops (with matte screens), and haven't had any scratches.

If you have young children that can touch the screen, I would get something to place over the screen that doesn't adhere, but I don't have any recommendations. 🙂

amirzubair80
Level 9
thanks for the reply :). i get worried on little things very easily especially the new stuff i buy. 🙂

Darnassus
Status Under Review
I wish for a cover... seriously, getting prints off the matte screens on the G750's is a mission. The surface is porous.

amirzubair80
Level 9
They should pre install the screen protector for some peoples peace of mind. 😛

amirzubair80 wrote:
They should pre install the screen protector for some peoples peace of mind. 😛

amirzubair80, they do, that is what the outer plastic surface provides.

hmscott wrote:
amirzubair80, they do, that is what the outer plastic surface provides.

peace of mind+1 😛