cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display color temp changes about 1 minute after windows loads

911jason
Level 7
Pretty self explanatory. Every time I boot up my GL771JM, whether a full restart or resuming from Sleep, the color temp switches noticeably approximately one minute after windows loads up. It switches to a more brown or desaturated color temp. At first I thought it was the Splendid Utility, but I've ruled that out. It's not adaptive brightness as I've already disabled that in the Intel Graphics settings.

Any other thoughts?
6 REPLIES 6

NitroX
Level 10
It must be the Adaptive Brightness as it tends to stuck activated even if you turn it off from the settings. Try and siable the adaptive brightness on all power plans and after that Restart your notebook so the changes are applied. It was tricky for me when I first noticed this, and it still happens if I mess with the Power Plan settings.

911jason
Level 7
Thanks for your reply, but it's not adaptive brightness. I had that problem too and already dealt with it. This doesn't change randomly or with changes to ambient light. It always happens right after windows finishes loading.

911jason wrote:
Pretty self explanatory. Every time I boot up my GL771JM, whether a full restart or resuming from Sleep, the color temp switches noticeably approximately one minute after windows loads up. It switches to a more brown or desaturated color temp. At first I thought it was the Splendid Utility, but I've ruled that out. It's not adaptive brightness as I've already disabled that in the Intel Graphics settings.

Any other thoughts?

911jason wrote:
Thanks for your reply, but it's not adaptive brightness. I had that problem too and already dealt with it. This doesn't change randomly or with changes to ambient light. It always happens right after windows finishes loading.

911jason, it's probably Asus Splendid finishing loading. Or it could be Asus Tweak Tool - for me it cycles through 60hz before settling on 85hz I have set in a Custom Resolution in the Nvidia Control panel

If you still have Splendid installed, uninstall it, it mess with color correction. Strangely, it has a good ICC color profile for the screen, but then goes 1 or 2 steps further and trys to add effects - which mess things up 🙂

I use the ICC profile from Splendid, taken from it's unpacked installer, but don't use the app.

The installer is unique to a model, and has several choices as several screens ship with it, the G751 might only have 1, noone has posted a screenshot of the Color Table dir:

Then you load it into the Windows Color Management app:

...and set to Default:

You can search for threads for G750/G751 talking about applying ICC profiles, and Windows Color Calibration glitches, worth reading the articles at the links, I summarized for the G751 here:

G751JY Color Calibration to share?
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?57748-G751JY-Color-Calibration-to-share&p=476412&viewfull=...

And, if you don't have Splendid installed, installing the ICC profiles from it will help color balance, and then something else was adjusting your color temperature...

911jason
Level 7
I do have Splendid installed, but when I open it and try the various settings, it doesn't seem to undo the effect that I'm seeing. Can you explain how to retrieve the ICC profile from the Splendid software before I uninstall it?

911jason wrote:
I do have Splendid installed, but when I open it and try the various settings, it doesn't seem to undo the effect that I'm seeing. Can you explain how to retrieve the ICC profile from the Splendid software before I uninstall it?

911jason, you need to uninstall Splendid to see it's effect removed 🙂

The links I gave above, had this link in them, here it is directly, but it is good to read the other material in the those links as well:

ICC for AUO219D
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?51699-ICC-for-AUO219D&p=438057&viewfull=1#post438057

You don't recover the ICC from the installed Splendid - you download it from your support download area at Asus and unpack it with 7-zip and dig down into the folder structure to Color Table, and pull the ICC profile from there when installing into the Windows Color Management tool(s).

Have fun 🙂

911jason wrote:

Oh, when you said that you have ruled Splendid out of the question I first thought that you have uninstalled the program. As Hmscott said, uninstall the program and then see if anthing changes.