cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable G751 Trackpad When Mouse is Attached?

Technomann2
Level 7
I am running Windows 7 64-bit on the ASUS G751. I almost always use a USB mouse. How do I disable the trackpad when a mouse is attached? I installed a Synaptics driver that added this option to the Mouse in Control Panel, but checking this checkbox did not disable the trackpad.

Is there another solution?

Thanks for any and all advice.
7,544 Views
8 REPLIES 8

mintys1
Level 7
Technomann2 wrote:
I am running Windows 7 64-bit on the ASUS G751. I almost always use a USB mouse. How do I disable the trackpad when a mouse is attached? I installed a Synaptics driver that added this option to the Mouse in Control Panel, but checking this checkbox did not disable the trackpad.

Is there another solution?

Thanks for any and all advice.


on the G752 you can use FN + F9 to disable it, don't know if its the same on your 751...
G750 -JHA -32GB -256GB SSD -512GB SAMSUNG 840 PRO SSD
Windows 8.1...Home Ed.
Latest Kit..Sep 2016
G752-VY-32GB- 2 X 256GB SSD'S + 512GB SAMSUNG 840 PRO Windows 10 Home Edition.

mintys1 wrote:
on the G752 you can use FN + F9 to disable it, don't know if its the same on your 751...


Thanks but this key does not work on my machine. I installed ASUS Smart Gestures which has an option to disable the trackpad, but that only works some of the time!

Why can't I disable the damn trackpad? It causes my text to go wonky when I am typing...

davemon50
Level 11
You might be a fat-finger (or lazy) typer like me. I use Smart Gesture and it does work, but I found myself re-activating the touchpad inadvertently on my own because my thumb knuckles would sometimes tap the touchpad a couple times while typing fast. That simulated the double finger tap and the touchpad would re-activate. If you go into Smart Gesture to the first tab (Gesture), you can UN-check the box that says "Activate" under the "One Finger" section. That way accidental double-taps do not override what you've set under the Mouse Detection tab.
Davemon50

kingjezdi
Level 9
u can deactivate this thing..in Bios..restart the notebook and press ESC & F1
then go under Advance and there u can deactivate "Internal Pointing Device"

kingjezdi wrote:
u can deactivate this thing..in Bios..restart the notebook and press ESC & F1
then go under Advance and there u can deactivate "Internal Pointing Device"


Yeah I already figured that one out - thank you. This is what I did as I am tired of dealing with this issue.

Thanks to all who responded!

azwxguy
Level 7
Probably not the same kind of ASUS bloatware in a G751 as in my G752, but I use the ROG Gaming Center app which allows you to disable the touchpad. This works and has continued to work for me.
N71JQ-A1, G752VM-RB71, GX703HR-XB96

azwxguy wrote:
Probably not the same kind of ASUS bloatware in a G751 as in my G752, but I use the ROG Gaming Center app which allows you to disable the touchpad. This works and has continued to work for me.


There isn't ANY bloatware on my G751 as I wiped the Windows 10 drive that it came with and did a fresh installation of Windows 7. I installed all of the drivers and programs myself. Perhaps I will give the ROG Gaming Center app a try. Can I download it from the ASUS website?

Thanks.

kingjezdi
Level 9