cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between G75VX-TS72 & G75VX-DS72??

Gunny5821
Level 7
I am looking into buying the G75VX-TS72 or the G75VX-DS72, but I cannot find out what the difference is between these two units besides the price tag.. When I check the Specs on them they are the exact same and the pictures are the same as well.. So why the different model number..

Can someone help me out here and explain the differences.. I am buying this unit to game, so which unit would be better for gaming??

Thanks! :cool:
Semper Fidelis (USMC Motto = Always Faithful),

Gunny5821
USMC Retired

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HP Envy 17-2070
HP Envy 17-3290 (3D)
Asus G75VX-TS72
14 REPLIES 14

cosmicmango
Level 10
G75VX-DS72 has a 256GB SSD plus a 750GB 7200RPM HDD

G75VX-TS72 has only a 750GB 7200RPM HDD
G752VY-DH72

cosmicmango wrote:

WOW, so that's it.. THANKS! So would you recommend this laptop for gaming?? I have never had an Asus product although I have read about them, however, after posting this thread, I started scouting the forum postings and noted a lot of issues relating to the G75VX model.. Is the TS72 prone to these same problems? Would you guys recommend this unit after having a G75VX model for awhile, or would you opt to buy something else?? What else would you recommend??

Thanks!

Gunny5821
USMC Retired

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HP Envy 17-2070
HP Envy 17-3290 (3D)
Asus G75VX-TS72

Gunny5821 wrote:
WOW, so that's it.. THANKS! So would you recommend this laptop for gaming?? I have never had an Asus product although I have read about them, however, after posting this thread, I started scouting the forum postings and noted a lot of issues relating to the G75VX model.. Is the TS72 prone to these same problems? Would you guys recommend this unit after having a G75VX model for awhile, or would you opt to buy something else?? What else would you recommend??

Thanks!

Gunny5821

You have to remember since this is also a support forum, it's expected to see a large number of postings related to the products sold. The number of units with defects and errors is significantly smaller than the number of units sold.

What are you looking to do with your laptop?

Are you looking for something for light gaming on the go, or are you looking for a desktop replacement?
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com

Shawnnepc wrote:
You have to remember since this is also a support forum, it's expected to see a large number of postings related to the products sold. The number of units with defects and errors is significantly smaller than the number of units sold.

What are you looking to do with your laptop?

Are you looking for something for light gaming on the go, or are you looking for a desktop replacement?

I am looking for a desktop replacement / gaming power house.. I want to have the ability to play the latest games at the max settings.. 3D is not a requirement, so the G75VX-TS72 is the perfect fit.. The only thing I am debating is whether or not I should just wait for the Haswell upgrades to come out or not. The laptops I am considering in addition to this unit are the following:
G75VW-TS72 (NVIDIA 670MX) Is there a big difference between these two GPU's??
G75VW-DH72 (NVIDIA 670M) " " " " " " " " " " "
Alienware M18X R4 & M17X R4
Toshiba Qosmio X875-Q7390 (3D)
Samsung Series 7 Gamer
HP Envy 17-3290 (3D)

Thanks!

Gunny5821
USMC Retired

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HP Envy 17-2070
HP Envy 17-3290 (3D)
Asus G75VX-TS72

Well for a gaming power house NB, I see you have not considered any of the Sager models?
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Gunny5821 wrote:
The only thing I am debating is whether or not I should just wait for the Haswell upgrades to come out

So far, only the graphics changes are really worthwhile waiting for. Haswell will provide Discrete GPU-like gaming performance as well as the much lower TDP, which means that tablets and laptops that run on Intel Haswell in the future can run demanding games on acceptable settings without a seperate GPU. In Layman's terms, if you plan on gaming on battery/do not want to use the discrete GPU and want longer battery life, the Haswell architecture will definitely suit your needs. That's not to say that a discrete GPU will be considered unnecessary and even useless for casual and dedicated gamers alike - it just means that in situations where battery life is more important than performance, the trade-off is now much less prominent with the introduction of Haswell.

cosmicmango wrote:

Yes one 250 gig and one 500 gig HDD for the TS72. Keep the OS 250 drive clean and the thing fly's still.

Sagi
Level 7
I would recommend the G75VX to anyone looking for a desktop replacement.

So far I had so many hours of fun with this laptop, it can handle everything I throw at it so far 🙂
If you combine it with MSI Afterburner (overlocking) for games like BF3, Crysis3 etc. it really shines!

I love my G75VX 🙂
The King of the north!

Gunny5821
Level 7
Thanks for all of the prompt postings.. I understand the G75VW is the recommended unit, but as you all know, that line offers a lot of different models.. So in that vein, which one of these would you recommend and why:
G75VW-TS72 (NVIDIA 670MX) Is there a big difference between these two GPU's??
G75VW-DH72 (NVIDIA 670M) " " " " " " " " " " "

Thanks!

Gunny5821
USMC Retired

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HP Envy 17-2070
HP Envy 17-3290 (3D)
Asus G75VX-TS72