cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current ATi Drivers/ASUS Bloatware

kc2002acr
Level 7
Questions:

I read the update sticky, about the vBIOS, and I did that, I am also running the most current BIOS (213), and really am having very little issues with my computer. However, I am still running the original drivers and CCC for my computer and am thinking some FPS issues in games like Warcraft and D3/SC2 could be resolved by updating the ATi Drivers.

Yesterday, I ran the uninstall program, Driver Sweeper, and even went as far as checking the registry to verify all the ATi old stuff is gone - it was. I then installed the newest ATi drivers/CCC 13.4 and kept getting the Windows Code 19 error. I ended up removing everything, and just installed the original driver again.

Am I missing something? I tried to check out the registry for it using these two sites advice, but to no avail:
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/code-19-error.htm
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/driverssupport/ht/upperfilters-lowerfilters.htm

I tried searching and some of the info seems old, and talks about using drives from 10.1-8 and I just cannot find those. Some dead links, etc... but either way, there has to be a way to update and install new drivers without getting a code 19!

Second Question:

ASUS Bloatware:

I currently have the following installed on my ASUS G73Jh -

• Asus_G73_Screensaver
  • ASUS Live Update
  • ASUS AI Recovery
  • ASUS Splendid Video Enhancement Technology
  • Fast Boot
  • ASUS LifeFrame3
  • Wireless Console 3
  • ControlDeck
  • ASUS SmartLogon
  • WinFlash
  • ASUS Power4Gear Hybrid
  • ATK Package
  • ASUS Virtual Camera
  • ASUS FancyStart

My question, can I remove all of these, some of these, none of these, are they causing issues? I know my Live Update installed a BIOS update on its own a while back causing my computer to die for a week, making the video card look like it was gone for good. I had to do a complete reinstall of all the original software and lost some good things. I backed up all my school, work, pictures, and videos, to an EHD, and even bought a second HDD for this computer for backups, etc. I just do not want to mess anything up or render anything useless. For instance, if I uninstall the Wireless Console 3, will I make the WiMAX and WiFi unusable, or as I assume, Windows will control it?

Just a few concerns before I continue. I am not that savvy with computers, but I am no dummy either!

Thanks in advance! I will continue to search the website for more answers.
4 REPLIES 4

billyray520
Level 10
Check this out for bloatware guide.
Asus Maximus V Extreme BIOS 1903, see specs above avatar.

Asus G73 jh A1 laptop, BIOS 213, vBIOS OD2, 8 GB Ram, 240 GB Intel SSD, 180 GB Intel SSD. Win 7 Pro. Purchased new from PowerNotebooks.com in May 2010.
(both have 1920X1080 hd screens, mine above, hers below )
Asus G73 Sw XR1 laptop 8 GB Ram, 160 GB Intel SSD, 80 GB Intel SSD. Purchased used >Ebay 1/10/13, Did clean install of Windows 7

billyray520 wrote:
Check this out for bloatware guide.

Thank you, this is brilliant!

I notice this bloatware guide is from 2009, should I still consider it?

Clintlgm
Level 14
kc2002acr wrote:
Questions:

I read the update sticky, about the vBIOS, and I did that, I am also running the most current BIOS (213), and really am having very little issues with my computer. However, I am still running the original drivers and CCC for my computer and am thinking some FPS issues in games like Warcraft and D3/SC2 could be resolved by updating the ATi Drivers.

Yesterday, I ran the uninstall program, Driver Sweeper, and even went as far as checking the registry to verify all the ATi old stuff is gone - it was. I then installed the newest ATi drivers/CCC 13.4 and kept getting the Windows Code 19 error. I ended up removing everything, and just installed the original driver again.

Am I missing something? I tried to check out the registry for it using these two sites advice, but to no avail:
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/code-19-error.htm
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/driverssupport/ht/upperfilters-lowerfilters.htm

I tried searching and some of the info seems old, and talks about using drives from 10.1-8 and I just cannot find those. Some dead links, etc... but either way, there has to be a way to update and install new drivers without getting a code 19!

Second Question:

ASUS Bloatware:

I currently have the following installed on my ASUS G73Jh -

• Asus_G73_Screensaver
  • ASUS Live Update
  • ASUS AI Recovery

AI Recovery is for G75VW not for Window 8 G75VS

• ASUS Splendid Video Enhancement Technology

Splendid is useless

• Fast Boot
  • ASUS LifeFrame3
  • Wireless Console 3
  • ControlDeck
  • ASUS SmartLogon
  • Winflash

Winflash is hazardous to your computer get rid of it

• ASUS Power4Gear Hybrid
  • ATK Package
  • ASUS Virtual Camera
  • ASUS FancyStart

No idea what fancyStart is

My question, can I remove all of these, some of these, none of these, are they causing issues? I know my Live Update installed a BIOS update on its own a while back causing my computer to die for a week, making the video card look like it was gone for good. I had to do a complete reinstall of all the original software and lost some good things. I backed up all my school, work, pictures, and videos, to an EHD, and even bought a second HDD for this computer for backups, etc. I just do not want to mess anything up or render anything useless. For instance, if I uninstall the Wireless Console 3, will I make the WiMAX and WiFi unusable, or as I assume, Windows will control it?

Just a few concerns before I continue. I am not that savvy with computers, but I am no dummy either!

Thanks in advance! I will continue to search the website for more answers.

What is the world did you have ATI software on your notebook for, your Video Card is NVidia that had to have created all kinds of conflicts Probably have to do a clean install to get every thing working again.

I have no input on the Audio, I only know about the G75VW which is VIA
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro