cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crysis 3, settings on G75

HulkSmash
Level 8
Amazing game, actually pushed my card harder than any benchmark test. My GTX 660m reached 71C today (which is more than 30 minutes of furmark...) - GTX660m, OC'd @ 1200/2890...
The game pushed my system a lot more further than the beta...campaign sucks up your power entirely, specially on areas with a lot of particle effects and volumetric shadows....I had to lower post fx, shading and particles to medium (rest high) and textures very high (16x), in order to get some constant playable fps (varies from 28-60 fps depending on the area). How's your G75 handling it?

The game is gorgeous, and the gameplay is amazing, very enjoyable. And the multiplayer is an awesome experience too, very different style compared to other FPS...I'm running a combination of high/medium, with textures at very high. I'm glad they finally made a game that pushes a lot of systems to their limits. It's a pity I can't use the new drivers though, as it won't let me OC that high...

OH YES! One detail. I was overjoyed to compare my G75 side by side with my PS3, and see an extreme difference with the graphics on LOW (I know, very much expected, but actually seeing it is a lot more fun :P), no words to describe high...

BTW, add me. Username: Davejonnes!

Now, back to the game...
62 REPLIES 62

mrwolf wrote:

All Kepler based cards are locked to maximum overclock of +135 on the core. You need an unlocked bios to do that but i suggest you do alot of reading before you attempt to do something like that lol.. can brick your system if your not careful..

You don't need a modified VBIOS to go past 135 on the 660m. While the keplers are locked, you can use a batch file through NVidia Inspector to force PStates, which allows you to set the clock manually. The thing is that, it's only been working with 310.90 drivers or lower, the new drivers 314.07, does not allow you to do so. The amount gained by the new driver is not worth losing 125+ over the 135+ limit on core...If you need help with OC'ing the GTX660m past the limit, I can provide you with some links, as it has been discussed on the forum before...Although an modded VBios would be much more convenient, I would rather not take the risk for now, since my system is pretty new, and I'm not yet needing that much extra power...

Davixandrex89
Level 7
Hi all! I think I'm having a problem, when I start the game, after I do all steps in your guide to have a better performance, for more I try I can never achieve more than 30fps at 1080p, the higher achievement are 15fps, follow all the steps to the letter, I made a oc of 750/1700, which gives me about 82GB in bandwidth, but I get those ridiculous fps, any idea that may be, the maximum temperature is reached 77 ° C, and my 3DMark11 score is 3716, I dont know was happening because to achieve a frame rate above 30 I have to put the resolution to 800p, any suggestions or help?? thank you very much for advance settings and greetings!

Apexing
Level 9
not sure how you guys can play with anything less than 60 fps xD
guess im waay to used for my desktop hehe, but will deffently try these tweeks soon 🙂

mrwolf
Level 10
Haha, yea well it is crysis 3, the benchmark for graphics so playing on almost everything very high + D3D injectors and still getting 30-45 frames is quite an achievement 😛

The ONLY thing that is missing is the pixel accurate displacement mapping which is very very gpu intensive and i still think we could get it running, but not now ayways, it would hit performance too much. At the moment it is perfect balance between playability and MAXIMUM graphics :cool:

Also here is some news: http://www.gamefront.com/crysis-3-performance-issues-caused-by-rope-physics/

It seems those bigg frame drops are due to some serious bugs that seem to invovle glass and rope physics. Even GTX 690 Desktops are hit by massive drops. So once they fixed this we should all be getting better more stable frames and then ill try ramping up the Pixel Accurate displacement mapping 🙂 Would be intense if that runs with playable fps on the G75..

Davixandrex89 wrote:
Hi all! I think I'm having a problem, when I start the game, after I do all steps in your guide to have a better performance, for more I try I can never achieve more than 30fps at 1080p, the higher achievement are 15fps, follow all the steps to the letter, I made a oc of 750/1700, which gives me about 82GB in bandwidth, but I get those ridiculous fps, any idea that may be, the maximum temperature is reached 77 ° C, and my 3DMark11 score is 3716, I dont know was happening because to achieve a frame rate above 30 I have to put the resolution to 800p, any suggestions or help?? thank you very much for advance settings and greetings!

Did you try my new settings V2 ? You could try squeeze out some performance by Unparking your cores and using the timescaling resolution app that give a nice 5ish fps boost - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hcuY...ature=youtu.be

Also go into your Nvidia settings and make sure Maximum pre-rendered frames for crysis 3 is set to "1".

When in game if you experience bad frames just hold the FN key and press scroll lock button. That would disable the Sweetfx injector which also takes up like 5 fps..

Davixandrex89
Level 7
I do everything, unpark cpu, use the timescaling app, oc the gtx670m to 750/1700, and nothing work, its imposible that I can reach a frame rate above 30 in 1080p, 15fps is the max I can reach, I dont know whats going on, in 3dmark11 my score is 3716, so I think my pc is running well, and eventualy I play all others games with no problem, anyway thanks for the help and for your time, greetings to all!!!

Davixandrex89 wrote:
I do everything, unpark cpu, use the timescaling app, oc the gtx670m to 750/1700, and nothing work, its imposible that I can reach a frame rate above 30 in 1080p, 15fps is the max I can reach, I dont know whats going on, in 3dmark11 my score is 3716, so I think my pc is running well, and eventualy I play all others games with no problem, anyway thanks for the help and for your time, greetings to all!!!

Hmm that's strange im getting 35+ all the time (i have a 670mx) and mr Wolf gets around the same on his 670m.

What is your shading set at? also, set shadows at medium and restart the game see if that makes a difference.

Im actually playing it in 3D achieving 29-34 fps ... it looks amazing !!!

User_n
Level 7
Far Cry settings on 313.96 - 670MX
all maxed out with native res...
Only one point though... Post processing set to low even I put on medium drops by 15 frames immediately... but that I do not care, as I see no real difference... only blurred vision that I do not like...
with this settings I get 60 fps no lags

Anyways My Max Payne 3 that was running 60 frames completely maxed out without MSAA with max res 1080 with 310.70 now running at 30...
Lowered res to 1280x800 again back to 60 but looks like s**t

I have noticed V-Sync from Nvidia CP is giving me better performance for all games, do not know why is that?? and although it may sound like utter bulls**t MSI still showes better FPS...and game plays better...

EDIT:

eek - sorry guys wrong topic, thought story is about FC3...
G75vx, win7 ultimate x64, OS drive - Kingston V300 SSD 120 GB...

Runaway510
Level 7
I'm guessing everyone is running the game at the native resolution? I found it a little more enjoyable at 1620 or whatever the resolution under native is...any opinions?

Im running it on 1080p , set shaders on medium and make sure anti-aliasing is disabled in game along with v-Sync.

Using the version 2 settings Mr Wolf posted .. - it should run like a dream!

Nicce running in 3d ey 😛 Might have to give it a try and see how the good ole 670m can handle that.. Im getting 25-35/40 fps averaging around 29 or 30. If i switch sweetfx off then i get double the fps. constant 30+ sometimes 45.

Runaway510 wrote:
I'm guessing everyone is running the game at the native resolution? I found it a little more enjoyable at 1620 or whatever the resolution under native is...any opinions?

Yea i tried running at 1620 resolution. It definatly plays better since you get better fps. But quality does suffer with the lower res when looking at further distances and edges look alot more aliased. So i prefer 1920x1080.

But if you like playing at that res you should definatly try my sweetfx settings and boost the lumasharpen up even more. Would make the image more crisp whilst still running on 1620 with low performance hit.