cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer lag / Sound Stutter ASUS G74SX

garratt04
Level 7
Hey everyone,

So I recently sent my notebook in to get repair and I finally got it back but it seems the problem that I was having before still persists. For some reason I seem to be getting a weird lag issue that happens randomly. Its like my CPU stutters and my sound also stutters in all programs. This happens when I am playing different computer games, listening to music or even shutting down the internet browser. This problem is driving me NUTS i've been searching all over for a fix. I've checked my audio drivers and everything seems to be up to date.

Thanks,
Chris
22 REPLIES 22

So since doing the factory restore I havent noticed the issue as of yet. I uninstalled Trend Micro straight from the programs Diagnostic tool which I googled was the best way to uninstall it. I updated my GPU Drivers and also installed a few different programs like CCleaner and Steam and so far so good. I'm just wondering do you think its safe to do the Asus Update Drivers ??

garratt04 wrote:
So since doing the factory restore I havent noticed the issue as of yet. I uninstalled Trend Micro straight from the programs Diagnostic tool which I googled was the best way to uninstall it. I updated my GPU Drivers and also installed a few different programs like CCleaner and Steam and so far so good. I'm just wondering do you think its safe to do the Asus Update Drivers ??

Safe?? Hmm. I think that's a bad program and I don't recommend it. In fact, my recommendation is always to uninstall it.

You have a stable system right now....that's great! So be patient, and maintain a "troubleshooting" mindset as you proceed cautiously. What you know is that there was some piece (or pieces) of software previously installed that caused problems in your system. So again, change and update things slowly. You have already made several changes to the OEM installation, so why not use it like that for a couple days and make sure that the issue is gone, for now.

Don't be anxious to alter a stable installation. If you have drivers that need updating, I usually suggest that you do them manually, one-at-a-time. But even if you do want to use Asus LIve Update and stay with Asus' driver versions, update them selectively.

garratt04
Level 7
I'm gonna choose the first option I think since my other two partitions have nothing on them