cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I Install 860m in G750JW

superman2k2
Level 9
I have search this forum with know real answer to my question. I have a GTX 765m install at the moment. Can I buy an Asus GTX 860m with heat sink (pic below) that was taken from a G751 and install it in my G750? I know I have to get bios and my have to mod the case a little but my question is will it work?
14 REPLIES 14

Richie377
Level 7
Man I tried to use my gtx 860m in g750jw and it's not powering. When I remove the card I can power up. Can someone suggest to me what may be wrong?

Richie377 wrote:
Man I tried to use my gtx 860m in g750jw and it's not powering. When I remove the card I can power up. Can someone suggest to me what may be wrong?

This 860M is from the G750JM?, was this card working on the original machine?, did you put the heatsink on the card before power on?, please give us more info about your problem, so we can advice with some useful information.

I did the upgrade from 770M to 780M for my G750JX (major mod needed), and everything is working fine, I suppose this will also work with other upgrades.

Good luck

Thank you for your response. Yes My 860m which I took from a g750js mobo was working flawlessly before I used it on the jw board, I didn't power it up before putting on the heat sink.

Areosjc
Level 8
If I remember correctly the 860m inside de JM version is based in maxwell GM107 core so maybe our first generation G750 machine does't support whatever change they did to the second generation G750. The machine doesn't turn on at all? Or you just get a black screen?. I know the card looks the same pcb form from your old 765M but you need to check if the connectors are the same. Could you count the pins on both cards? This case is important to me because in some point I was planning another upgrade to the 980m from G750JY model, so if our motherboard has a limitation to get the new maxwell cards working we need to know.

Keep in touch with any update you may have.

code9523
Level 9
I think it's all related to bios! You need try to flash rom from G750JM to your G750JW or a least mod your bios with id of gtx 860 and try.
Asus G74SX> Asus G55VW 3D> Asus G75VW 3D> Asus G750JW> Asus G750JX> Asus G750JH