cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying G75vw-Rs72

Subside103
Level 7
I was looking into buying an ASUS for some time now, and i was looking into buying the G75vw-Rs72, i've read some threads
here that have made me feel a little uneasy about buying a G75. I really was hoping to get some feedback about some pros and cons about this notebook, because i feel as if this is definitely worth the money compare to buying an overpriced mac etc.

So besides your feedback i was hoping you guys could also answer some of my questions.

Is there any other computer around the same price you would suggest?
How much fps do you get on WoW on Ultra, Guild Wars on High, SWTOR highest quality, and other games with highest quality on?
Do you feel as if this model replaces a desktop?
Do you enjoy the keyboard/mouse(that comes with it i think)/screen and other physical appearances?
Is this computer very easy to break?

Thanks 😄
9 REPLIES 9

Holy
Level 7
Wow i average atleast 60 in every where besides org/SW.. GW2 is more CPU dependent atm but it looks great and is very playable.
Yes it replaces a desktop but its still mobile.
i do very so enjoy it.
Lol to break? ive yet to have a real problem with mine.
G75vw DS71
3610QM I7
16GB Ram 1600mhz
750GB+120GB(patriot pyro)
Nvidia gtx 660m
Purple Keyboard mod
Proud Owner of a GTX 660ti DC-II

alru
Level 7
Having just had my G74 die after less than 3 months (dead as dead can be, motherboard gone), and being told that ASUS won't replace the laptop, I would move on to a laptop company with a better warranty. Or get a desktop, again with a better warranty. Don't end up like me! Read around the internet about the fabulous ASUS warranty....

Subside103 wrote:
I was looking into buying an ASUS for some time now, and i was looking into buying the G75vw-Rs72, i've read some threads
here that have made me feel a little uneasy about buying a G75. I really was hoping to get some feedback about some pros and cons about this notebook, because i feel as if this is definitely worth the money compare to buying an overpriced mac etc.

So besides your feedback i was hoping you guys could also answer some of my questions.

How much fps do you get on WoW on Ultra, Guild Wars on High, SWTOR highest quality, and other games with highest quality on?
Do you enjoy the keyboard/mouse(that comes with it i think)/screen and other physical appearances?

Thanks 😄

See, that's why i'm worried i was hoping it would atleast last a couple of years, can you honestly find a desktop like that for how cheap that is? And i've read reviews about ASUS being the best gaming notebook company out there. I've been sitting on this forum for quite some time and it just seems some manufacture problems. Anybody here with a notebook that has has it for over a year or two? three months is so little for $1500...

I have had nothing but good luck with my original ASUS laptop. It's an ASUS G1, over 6 years old, and it's as robust a laptop as I have ever seen. It has traveled probably in excess of 100,000 km, been dropped several times even onto hard floors, been literally urinated on, and been used by my son since he was 3. With the exception of a couple hairline fractures near the hinge and having to re-glue the rubber pads underneath, it still runs fine. I can only hope I get another 5 years or so out of my new g75.

If you dig deep enough you can find bad reviews of the wheel.

EDIT: Actually he's only two in this pic.

Haha, wow that's really amazing I really do appreciate the input it makes me feel less stingey, any and all inputs about this model in specific are much appreciated. 🙂

Brian_ROG
Level 9
Subside103 wrote:

Thanks 😄

I've had my G75 for over a month now and I am extremely happy with my purchase.
1. I have no other computer to recommend to you. I did some research and between MSI and Alienware I am glad I went with Asus.
2. You will have no issues playng WOW, Guildwars, or SWTOR. I personally can't wait for Guildwars 2! I've been playing Shogun 2 Total War, and Sins of a Solar Empire (which isn't that graphic intesnive) both play on ultra settings, very smooth.
3. I bought this computer to replace my 5 year old Dell XPS desktop, so yes it has replaced my desktop, and i don't miss it.
4. The keyboard on the G75 is very nice, illuminated keys are great in the dark, very easy to type on. I like the mouse that comes with it and i'm currently using it. The screen is a very nice matte finish and looks good. The brushed aluminum around the keyboard looks good and overall the laptop is designed very well. The back compartments are designed so that you can get to things very easy, which is great.
5. The computer is very sturdy and built well, it is pretty obvious it can take some abuse. I wouldn't throw it against the wall or anything like that though! (I mean your spending a lot of money on this thing, be nice to it.)

Oh and welcome to ROG!:D
Asus G75VW-NS72
Intel Core i7-3720QM 2.6GHz
16GB DDR3 1600MHz
750GB 7200RPM + 256G SSD
Nividia Geforce GTX 670M 3G GDDR5
Blu-ray Burner

"Right...very creepy. Forget I asked."
-Alistar DAO

Alright, so now it comes down to the buying day i plan on buying it by the end of the day, and thank you for your input much appreciated bud 😄

But i always see MSI compared to ASUS, and i hear MSI has less Manufacturing problems then ASUS and vice versa, so this is my last question which computer do you think is better overall PLEASE comment back and in specific why it's better.

msi gt70 0nc-008us

or the

ASUS g75vw-rs72?

I couldn't get the specs to paste so please helppp!!!!

Jk, i just bought the ASUS!

So how do you like your asus? I'm looking to buy one too but want some feedback on if it's worth it or not.