cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought G752, how to ensure SSD is Raid 0 before installing OS?

Darnassus
Status Under Review
.. I just ordered a G750VS. ;x Wish me luck.. ;d ❤️

Any tips upon receiving it would be nice.

Especially things I should know if I want to wipe it and reinstall my own copy of Windows.
45 REPLIES 45

Just copy esupport, windows 10 refresh otherwise. I use Macrium Reflect and keep several states of SSD as I configure. I would suggest that would be the very first thing to do. Create an Image of your entire SSD and another of just the C:\ partition, if you screw up and your still booting you can quickly restore the image of your C:\ partition, if your not booting then restore your SSD Image. this is all much faster than any restore partition. I keep several images including daily incremental back ups. If you screw up its only a few minutes to restore a partition to yesterday or when ever I need to go back to. Much more reliable than MS Restore etc. Far more reliable than backtracker and much faster creating and restoring. also free
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Darnassus
Status Under Review
I have her, she's all mine.. :'x ❤️

.. gave her a little cuddle for a while because I was so scared.. ❤️

Problems so far:

Sound is weird.. speakers emit a hiss after playing a sound, then 3-5 seconds after stops as if they're going to sleep. (Weird..)

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Gawd, reinstalling OS was a nightmare. This driver crap with NVMe's simply stupid.

Also Acronis didn't work, had to use your program Mr Zombie. Macrium seems pretty cool.. still prefer Acronis but some reason G752 kept thinking one of the HDD's were asleep.

Currently installing Win 8.1 will see how it goes. ;d Hopefully all the programs will install.

Mousepad died, had to use keyboard to install. ;3 USB Mouse probably works though.

Edit: Hmm, Mouse Pad Driver's becoming annoying to make work.. can only get standard. It's an ELANTech, right?

haihane
Level 13
When has new precious, post pics.

Laptop needs selfies too
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Anyone knowing of a driver for the touch pad? (G752VS Win 8.1)

Edit; Nvm I'll make a new thread for this one.

mkz168
Level 7
Make sure you got the intel's SSD driver ready on a USB stick, without it you might not see your SSD drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk