cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blinking battery indicator...

Xbcxbc
Level 7
My laptop is plugged in and the Windows power display (in the taskbar) shows "95% available (plugged in, not charging)". However, the battery indicator on the front of the laptop is blinking orange, which, according to the manual, means the laptop is running on battery and is below 10%.

Is this a software or hardware bug? I'll try removing / putting back the battery to see if it fixes it.

The laptop is G750JW-DB71.
9 REPLIES 9

Xbcxbc
Level 7
This got fixed by replacing the battery.

It's somewhat unsettling that the battery lost ~10% of its charge while the laptop was turned off (not sleeping) and it was unplugged. No other device was connected to it either. I'll see if this repeats.

Pitcher1
Level 9
could you try battery full charge to 100%, what is light? when 100% then unplug ac adapter, do the discharge for a while then plug again, what is light change?

White colour is appeared after you reach 100%, i am facing a problem with my new Asus Rog strix g16 2023, the problem is that it gets into blank screen for a long time when I turn on the laptop and even the power button does not work, and the other problem is that my battery indicator is turning on slowly after some seconds of turning it on what may he the problem , i purchased it just 2 weeks ago 

Xbcxbc
Level 7
Pitcher - I'll try that and let you know.

Blinking battery indicator.

I got the same problem. The battery indicator is blinking and battery status shows 100% even after I used it for a while. After I plug and put the battery, the problem solved

gazzacbr
Level 10
same here.
but i was testing OS X and fired up one time without proper power management and the laptop got hot. fans were noisy.
thats when the orange light started flashing. after shutdown and removing and puting the battery back in all was well.
Asus G750JX-CV050H||GTX770M||24GB ram||120hz 3D screen||
1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD in DVD Bay
free bag and mouse :cool:
win 8.1||win 7||win xp||server 2008||os x mavericks||linux mint 16

hmscott
Level 12
Xbcxbc wrote:
My laptop is plugged in and the Windows power display (in the taskbar) shows "95% available (plugged in, not charging)". However, the battery indicator on the front of the laptop is blinking orange, which, according to the manual, means the laptop is running on battery and is below 10%.

Is this a software or hardware bug? I'll try removing / putting back the battery to see if it fixes it.

IDK if this will help you, but it will help the 0% reading indicators - it fixed mine 🙂

Go into the Device Manger, and right click on the battery (not the AC) and uninstall, then rescan for new devices and let the driver get reinstalled.

Installed...

Uninstalled...

Action => Scan for hardware changes, and it is back, and so is my 95% battery indicator

russiandivxclub
Level 7
Xbcxbc wrote:

Got exactly the same issue, the battery is also losing power like crazy. The whole time being completely off from 100 to 0 in about 5 days. And that's no use, like at all.
I guess time to change battery.
VX550X

xeromist
This is a very old thread so if you are still on an original battery it could very well be time to replace it. If you still notice power draining when the machine is off you might check the BIOS to see if there are any settings related to USB power. Machines that are configured to charge USB devices when off are always using power even if nothing is actually connected to the USB. Disabling functions like this will help with vampiric power drain.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…