cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BF4 framerate and other troubles.

Mistergone
Level 7
Ok, so I'm at my wits end right now. I've been trying in vain for the last few days to get BF4 multi running on my G750jw. It would start the campaign mode for 10-15min before I'd get a nvidia driver crash and restore error that would freeze the game, during the campaign I was able to run everything fine with high settings (also during the beta I was getting silky smooth fps with the setting set quite high).
Now today hallelujah! No "BF4.exe has stopped responding" it finally loaded a multiplayer map, and ran it at 10-14fps. After setting EVERYTHING to low and the res to 720p I got it up to 23fps. During the match I chatted with someone else running the game on the same G750JW with (supposedly) no problems.
So I have to ask, what happened to my system, I installed the latest .Net software, and am running the GEFORCE 331.65 drivers. Anybody have any suggestions? I know the probable answer will be just wait for a patch but it seems like I have all my bases covered so the performance issues are quite strange to me.
13 REPLIES 13

DeltaActual
Level 12
Don't even know what to tell you here, might me so many reasons... Try lowering video settings, like AA etc... Did you do a clean install of the video drivers?
G614JV

First things first I rolled back my driver from 331.65 to the previous driver 331.58 (an to answer your question Delta I use the clean install option when loading all of Nvidias drivers, or do you mean actually unistalling the previous gen before moving on to the newest one?) and went from 10-14fps on high to 53fps so that answers that question, I know many ppl are running the newest driver just fine but if you are seeing a fps hit try going back one release.

I even got 2 games in with no real issues although when running ASUS Tweak it would get the driver crash so I guess BF4 or the newer nvidia drivers don't like overclocking? Soon after the 2 good matches I began to get the DirectX crash problem as well as the BF4.exe has stopped working issue so I guess thats on DICE/EA to fix.

DeltaActual
Level 12
By "clean install" - i mean: uninstall old driver, reboot in safe mode and run Driver Sweeper, choose Nvidia video drivers and clean. Reboot normally and run new driver, choose Clean Install.
G614JV

Up until nvidia gave the option for a clean install (custom install/clean install) I did do what you're talking about, but I haven't had any issues installing drivers before, I'll probably try the newer patch again at some point but for now I don't see any real reason, esspecially considering all the other issues BF4 is having right now.

kingfish
Level 7
here is my screen, so far the game is running good.

G751JT | 24GB | 2 x 1TB HDD | Nvidia GTX 970M | Windows XP

if you don't mind playing @ 720 you can play with everything on ultra @ 60fps with V-sync

how much fps u get with these settings mate?

kingsknight
Level 7
I'm using 331.65 on my G750JW and it seems to be the best and stable driver for me. Plays smoothly at high with some things at ultra but no v sync

cheatermclaggin
Level 7
I have a g750jw and i play with it on ultra settings in 1600x900 mode and i run at 50+ fps . I can run it in ultra settings at 1080 but fps drop to
45+ i have the same problem also and i think its a EA/Dice problem. Sometimes i can play 3 hours straight no problems and some times it
crash's right away. I have re installed directx in the bf4 folder and i have uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled multiply times still have same
problem.