cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

better flowing fans? G75vw

13fist
Level 10
Just wondering if anyone has found a better fan that will fit the housings in the G75VW. I have plenty of old fans from video cards and what not, a couple of them were close but not quite.
I've already cut some holes in the bottom covers, and that has improved air flow tremendously. Just wanting to push a little bit more air if I can.

Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

Pitcher1
Level 9
why you do that? is it meet problem? or your temp always high?

13fist
Level 10
Making holes in the bottom covers improved airflow so much that my gaming temps dropped and average of 10c and improved stability when overclocked. Mostly I did it just to reduce the amount of dust that was getting pulled into the ports on each side. My fan filters never had much dust on them, but when I opened it up to replace the factory installed ram, dust was everywhere on the motherboard, Inside the usb, HDMI, around the screen hinges, & inside the optical drive itself. Very messy.
I want to use stronger fans to see if I can go any higher with my OC for longer gaming times without heat build up. It's really more of an experiment than a necessity. Testing the limits of what can be done. I do the same thing with my desktop, so why not? It's all good fun.
I love my G75. It is a fine laptop but more care should have been taken with the airflow.

Thank you.