cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Question.

n3tninja
Level 9
Hi guys,

So here's the thing, I use my laptop as a desktop replacement like 90% of the time. I hardly take it out or anything. Now, the question is, should I remove my battery and use the laptop or just keep it in, and please explain why.

Another question I have is, if I remove the battery, will the battery connection points on the laptop get rusted or something ?

Thanks guys

🙂
Asus G53sw-A1
Intel i7 2630qm
Memory 8 GB
Nvidia GeForce GTX 460m 1.5 GB
Windows 7 Premium
1 TB HDD @ 7200 rpm
4x Blu-Ray
Razer Mamba, Razer Abysus, Rog Gaming Mouse.

FPS GAMER.
1 REPLY 1

cl-scott
Level 12
I would say it really is a matter of personal preference.

It is a risk that the connection points will become corroded, but it would likely take longer than you will own the unit to happen unless you happen to live in the middle of the rainforest or a swamp. It can also happen even with the battery in place. If you take the battery out, then you have to figure out where you are going to store it.

I would personally lean slightly towards just leaving it in, mostly because the battery will provide ballast to the unit. It helps even out the weight distribution. It's also something of a misnomer that not using a battery preserves it. However, if you do take it out, it's not like the unit is going to stop functioning, burst into flames, or anything else. At least not if you do it correctly. 😛

Do whatever feels right for your situation.