cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batteru Issue G751JY

Mackon
Level 7
Hi,
I posted here before regarding my battery not charging above 90% and whilst on battery not dropping below 90% even if unplugged.
So I managed to sort this out somehow by following my steps from :
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?78621-G751-Battery-Stuck-at-90&p=549145#post549145
I thought I sorted this issue out, but when I tried to charge my laptop again battery percentage was stuck yet again on 88%, but this time battery was discharging. And I mean super quick, from 88% to 5% in like 40 minutes or so.

I checked the battery using HWMonitor, 2 days ago Battery wear level was at HUGE 38%, (I had my laptop since Late-February) I followed steps to calibrate my battery by discharging completely and charging to maximum level, 2 days later my battery wear level is at 41% and Full Charge capacity dropped from 58k mAh to 54k mAh in just 2 days.... How is that even possible?

What kind of joke is that? Laptop which was nearly 2k just been falling to crap recently, I had numerous issues with WiFi, bluetooth, random restarts and now this...

God help me.

@Edit -
I've been unplugging and plugging power supply constantly and laptop charged up to 93% whereas normally to 88%. However, it would only charge the laptop for 5 seconds, then I had to repeat the process. I want to reach 100%, is that wise way to do it? I don't want to blow anything inside.
3 REPLIES 3

aeolisio
Level 10
Constant voltage spikes no thats not a smart way to do it. Your just going to damage components. Rebuild the pack warranty it or take it apart and try to refresh the cells individually with a quality charger with a refresh cycle.
3d printed parts and accessories for the G751. You know you want something better than OEM ->https://www.shapeways.com/shops/aeolisio[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

aeolisio wrote:
Constant voltage spikes no thats not a smart way to do it. Your just going to damage components. Rebuild the pack warranty it or take it apart and try to refresh the cells individually with a quality charger with a refresh cycle.

How should I refresh the cells?

@Edit
Do you think "Freezing" the battery would help? I've seen some guides online, that apparently you can freeze the battery for few hours to restore lithium ion cells, but I'm really sceptical

Corporal
Level 9
3 Options:

1) RMA it, let them replace the battery for you.
2) Buy a new battery, replace
3) Rebuild battery

If you try to do something like freezing the battery, you have to realize you can't RMA it after you almost certainly will fail at "restoring cells".