cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AsusG73Sw 3De

goldlori
Level 7
Brand new to this, problems with laptop; Ethernet controller driver not installed, I cannot watch a 3D movie, been having problems with crashing while working with video's. This laptop came loaded with gamer software, some reviews said to reinstall without garbage using retail OS software.
Question how do I fix these issues, I have never formatted or reloaded operating software so I am not familiar with procedure. Next question, can I install windows 7 professional and start over, I have XP programs I would like to run.
Thanks
1 REPLY 1

fuzon1337
Level 10
goldlori wrote:
Brand new to this, problems with laptop; Ethernet controller driver not installed

Take a look at Asus Support (choose your version of the OS 32/64 bit, then go to LAN and download the realtek drivers) And then install the driver.

goldlori wrote:
I cannot watch a 3D movie, been having problems with crashing while working with video's

Which driver do you have installed for your graphic driver? Also does the 3D work at all ? (in games)

goldlori wrote:
This laptop came loaded with gamer software, some reviews said to reinstall without garbage using retail OS software

The asus push a lot of preinstalled programs that you don't need aka bloatware. (scroll down to my thread and you'll find a link to see if you want to uninstall any of the bloatware with good information about what it is)

goldlori wrote:
Next question, can I install windows 7 professional and start over, I have XP programs I would like to run.

If you choose to do a clean install with W7 Pro, then you can use the Asus Support site and find the drivers you need for your notebook 🙂

Also if you want to do a facotry restore or a more detailed info site about where you can download latest drivers for GPU, CPU , Wifi card and so on, take a look at my thread New notebook? Look Here!
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205