cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS splendid for night compatibility

Maxter
Level 9
Hi there,
I'm pretty sure many of you are aware that the screen emits intense blue light and, that at night, exposure to this light causes melatonin (sleeping hormone) to not be made. So a few hours of night gaming could make you not fall asleep for a while. I am wondering if some of you have taken advantage of the latest version of Splendid (the one that doesn't give the vertical lines) to control and increase the warm in colors at night (I think blues are decreased with this, correct me if I'm wrong). I also heard there is some software falled F.lux (I don't want to install if splendid does the job already) to do this, but I thought maybe someone had a good experience with splendid (it works great on my home ASUS monitor)... Thoughts?
3 REPLIES 3

Nehmia
Level 9
I thought Blue color is supposed to make you sleep??

On my previous Samsung Galaxy S3 every sleeping app I installed tends to emit blue lights in the room to make you sleep faster?

I'm confused
ASUS G750JX-CV050H
CPU: i7-4700HQ @ 2.40 GHz.
Memory: 32 GB DDR3 1600 MHz. Hynix RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 770M 3 GB GDDR5 RAM
Storage: 256 GB LiteOn LCM-256M3S SSD + 1 TB Seagate Momentus ST1000LM024 5400 RPM HDD
Screen: 17.3" Full HD 3D Glossy Screen
Router: ASUS RT-AC68U
Security: Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus for PC Gamers

Nah, blue light stimulates the retina (blue is higher energy than red). There are these cells called ganglion cells that are photoreceptors cells with a signal going straight to the suprachiasmatic nucleus in the brain (area that controls your biological clock). So the more blue color, the more your brain thinks it's daylight, basically... (I'm a neuroscientist and hardcore gamer btw 😄 ). But I'm still wondering about the software effects on the screen warm settings.
So if your S3 emits blue, that's good for the morning, not night 😄

Nehmia
Level 9
ohhhhhhhh thanks for the clarification bro I had it all wrong!
ASUS G750JX-CV050H
CPU: i7-4700HQ @ 2.40 GHz.
Memory: 32 GB DDR3 1600 MHz. Hynix RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 770M 3 GB GDDR5 RAM
Storage: 256 GB LiteOn LCM-256M3S SSD + 1 TB Seagate Momentus ST1000LM024 5400 RPM HDD
Screen: 17.3" Full HD 3D Glossy Screen
Router: ASUS RT-AC68U
Security: Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus for PC Gamers