cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rotation Desktop

DexSky
Level 8
hey.. i kind of have an error for my Asus Rotation Desktop only for the Game Desktop.. the other desktop are all fine..
im sorry but i can't seem to attach the image here. So, heres the link below..

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/4452/52741984.png
21 REPLIES 21

did anyone figure this one out cause ive tryed everthing exept restoring it because for some reason my system restore was turned off

I've been looking into the Game Desktop problem. Out of the box. It works fine. As soon as you run any update. It fails. All other desktops on the Rotation Desktop work accept the Game Desktop. Reinstalling with the supplied ASUS utilities disk does not work. However. Here is a copy of the dump file:

leave DeleteService, line 271, error 1060
leave LoadDll, line 66, error 126
load dll failed
ExecNotificationQueryAsync failed with = 0x80041010

Maybe someone will be able to use this information to help solve the problem. This file is located in the rotation desktop folder.
CNC 44:cool:

How can I add music to the Music Desktop? I've tried browsing but it says all my folders are empty

Hello Everyone,

Rotation desktop doesnt work for me properly either on my G55VW. I dont really use the game desktop. I have issue with win7 monitoring gadgets. After i change desktops and back, gadgedts stop working 😞 Refresh desktop doesnt help.

dstrakele
Level 14
Have you uninstalled any of the ASUS apps? The Rotation Desktop may have dependencies to other ASUS applications, such as GameFast, Power4Gear, Splendid, Vibe, etc.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

dstrakele
Level 14
1) What file are you referencing? I don't have any filenames resembling anything in the dump file message you posted in my "Rotation Desktop for G Series" folder.

I do not see "leave DeleteService, line 271, error 1060" in AsusUacSvc.log, but I do see the other messages multiple times, yet the Game Desktop functions on my G74SX-A1.

2) Do you mean updates to "Rotation Desktop for G Series" or Microsoft Updates? What version of GameDesktop.exe is in this folder on your system?

3) What Antivirus, AntiMalware, Firewall, or Remote Desktop software have you installed to your system? GameDestop.exe may have a conflict with some other driver or applicatiion installed on your system.

4) What is the exact model# of your ASUS laptop?

dwindlediceburg
Level 7
I also have the same problem with the Game Desktop but my main concern is on the Music Desktop. It opens with the normal sample music but when I click browse to open my own, it says every folder is empty. Any help? DX

dstrakele
Level 14
To my knowledge, the ASUS Rotation Desktop was last offered for download on the G74SX. I don't see it in the "Utilities" section of the "Downloads" areas for the individual laptops of the recent G75/G55/G46 series on the ASUS website.

If it WAS initially offered with these laptops and has since been removed from their specific "Downloads" areas, it says something. My guess is that ASUS has abandoned development of this application. ASUS does state on it's website that Rotation Desktop is not compatible with Windows 8. Without bug fixes and updates, this legacy app will fall to work properly with today's software. Unfortunately, you have to eventually let go and move on...

It is preinstalled software on my G55 machine with Win 7. I decided today to try it out. I dont think iv uninstalled any other ASUS apps. I really like the way it works.
Any other alternative app?

dstrakele
Level 14
The freeware utility, Dexpot, doesn't rotate, but does provide a "3D effect" when switching between virtual desktops. The CNET Editors did give it a 5 star "spectacular" rating (see http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-20087810-285/how-to-use-multiple-virtual-desktops-in-windows/) and user ratings are mostly favorable. However, the article was written over a year ago, so who knows if it is up to date enough to work on today's systems?

EDIT: I see Dexpot 1.6.6 build 2227 was released on February 11, 2013 - so it looks like it is still being updated. They also have a beta version.

http://download.cnet.com/windows/virtual-desktop-managers/?tag=bc shows some other virtual desktop utilities.

The "Rotation Desktop for G Series.EXE" that shipped with my laptop has a version of 1.0.0.5. Is that the same version installed on your G55?