cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rotation Desktop

DexSky
Level 8
hey.. i kind of have an error for my Asus Rotation Desktop only for the Game Desktop.. the other desktop are all fine..
im sorry but i can't seem to attach the image here. So, heres the link below..

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/4452/52741984.png
21 REPLIES 21

underworld
Level 8
Try to reeinstall again ...
Asus G51J 3D | Asus G74SX-TZ

underworld wrote:
Try to reeinstall again ...

ok.. i will try that.. but where can i get the setup?

PILGRIM
Level 11
Uninstall it by going to Control Panel, then look for it in the Programs and Features.
Re-install it by using the Driver CD (if you have one), or just download it if you don't have it.

Just curious, Do you really find the Rotation Desktop useful (aside from its looks)?

I tried it the first time I got my G74, but it occasionally hangs the OS, so I uninstalled and never used it again.
ASUS G74SX-3DE

DexSky
Level 8
owhh.. the Driver CD that u mean is the CD that came together with the laptop ? the one with R.O.G logo on it?

well, i still haven't know yet but im looking forward to check it out too. haha

Hi did you get the game desktop to work in the Rotation Desktop? I am having the same problem with the game and music desktop even after I have reinstalled the program.

dstrakele
Level 14
If you right-click on Rotation Desktop in "Control Panel - Uninstall a program", does the popup menu display a "Repair" option? If it does and you choose it, does it resolve your issue?

Alternatively, you could try using Windows System Restore to restore your system to an earlier time, hopefully when the Rotation Desktop worked without issue.

I believe the Rotation Desktop also depends on other ASUS apps, like "GameFast" for instance. Have you uninstalled any of the ASUS apps?
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

ColonelS
Level 9
Dstrakele is right~ rotation desktop depends on certain ASUS apps.

Am trying it on my ES sample G74 now to verify it
Click ->Republic of Gamers<- official Facebook page

thegreatest
Level 7
What is the ASUS Rotation Desktop? And can I get it on my laptop (one in my signature)?
G53SW-XN1
Intel Core i7 2630QM
GeForce GTX 460M
6 GB RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

dstrakele
Level 14
Here's a picture of the ASUS Rotation Desktop: http://www.easycom.com.ua/data/nouts/1110250614/img/44_asus_rotation-desktop.jpg

It allows you to select from several pre-installed desktops as well as those you create. While its full name is ASUS Rotation Desktop for G Series, I don't see it as a downloadable Utility or 'Other' for the G53 series machines. I believe it also depends on other ASUS apps, so it may not be a simple download and install.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT