cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Strix Scar Iii G731gu screen blur/flickering problem

Eb731
Level 7
Hi everybody,
I've just bought an Asus Rog Strix III G731gu laptop with a 17inches 144hz monitor.

Unfortunately, I've the sensation of a slight screen blur (even in the bios) and of a bit of screen flickering and pwm dimming (the latter actually seems to affect the screen after some online tests).
Both sensations do insist even when the monitor is at top brightness.

Also, when using some some apps (ie windirstats) screen quality is degraded/blurred.
Last thing, if I can go very near the screen, I can almost see the rbg pattern when watching white parts of the screen (but this maybe happens on every ips screen).

I've tried every combination of new windows 10 installation, old drivers, new drivers, only asus drivers, win10 update drivers, but nothing really changed.

Using the screen gives the strong sensation that something is not right, like when you forced a non native resolution, maybe even with the wrong framerate, on a monitor.

Do you have any idea on how to solve the trouble? I can't really shake the idea that it may come from a wrong setting of the resolution / refresh rate (maybe even from Intel gpu which shows 143 herz and not 144?) or some of the advanced options of the Intel gpu which, however, I can't find a way to change (thanx windows 10! Sigh).

Hope you can help me about it, cause as it is now the screen can 't be used (it's an eye destroyer after less than an hour of utilization). Thank you very much!
2 REPLIES 2

jdfrench3
Level 12
Return the laptop to your reseller for replacement or refund.
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

Thanks for your reply, so do you think there is nothing to do? I've noted that the pwm on 60hZ is not visible while it can be seen with 144hz. However the strange thing is that I can see it even with max brightness so maybe it is not the pwm just something wrong with drivers/screen calibration?