cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG G771JW-T7022D Can run this games?

AlexTzutzu
Level 7
Hi,after i send my laptop in service 3 times and from them all are OK but they tell me all the game i test are to high for this laptop 😐 and i still have lag/frames/freez in games,and now i whant to show me laptop specified and settings from games,maybe i don't know very well but i see my laptop is much highter theat game spec.Look

Name Laptop: ASUS ROG G771JW-T7022D
Procesor: Intel® CoreTM i7
Processor Model: 4720HQ
Number of cores: 4
CPU frequency: 2.6Ghz
Turbo Boost up to: 3.6Ghz
Architecture: Haswell
Processor Manufacturer: Intel
Integrated graphics processor: Intel HD Graphics 4600
Screen size (inch): 17.3
Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Display Format: Full HD
RAM memory capacity: 8GB
Maximum memory: 16 GB
Memory Type: DDR3
Frequency: 1600 MHz
Storage capacity: 1TB
Rotation speed: 7200 rpm
Storage type: HDD
Video Memory Type: Dedicated
Video Memory Capacity: 4096 MB
Memory Type: GDDR5
Video Chipset Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Series: GeForce
Exemplary: GTX 960m
Special features video:NVIDIA PhysX
Technology CUDA ™
Technology 3D Vision
Technology 3DTV Play
Operating system: Windows 8.1 x64bit

Every time to selected game i click right and run with nvidia graphic
Now tell me if this games are higher or lower theat my laptop.
============================================================
Warframe:
WHAT ARE THE PC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR WARFRAME?
The minimum specs for Warframe are:
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo e6400 or AMD Athlon x64 4000+ (~2.2 dual core CPU)
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia 8600 GT or ATI Radeon HD 3600
DirectX: 9.0c
Hard Drive: 10 GB available space
For DirectX11:
Graphics: AMD 5000 series or Nvidia 400 series or higher
To use Nvidia APEX PhysX:
Nvidia Graphics Card with 1G of video RAM
Driver Version 310.90 or higher
============================================================
WordOfTanks:
Minimal:
Operating System: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10
Processor (CPU): 2.2 GHz with SSE2-support
RAM: 1.5 GB for Windows XP, 2 GB for Windows Vista/7/8/10
Graphics Card: GeForce 6800 with 256 MB RAM/ATI HD X2400 XT with 256 MB RAM, DirectX 9.0c
Sound Card: Compatible with DirectX 9.0c
Free Hard Drive Space: 16 GB
Internet Connection: 256 Kbps
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recommended:
Operating System: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 - 64-bit
Processor (CPU): Intel Core i5-3330
RAM: 4 GB (or more)
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX660 (2GB) / Radeon HD 7850 2GB, DirectX 9.0c
Sound Card: Compatible with DirectX 9.0c
Free Hard Drive Space: 30 GB
Internet Connection: 1024 Kbps or more (for voice chat)
=====================================================
Armored Warfare:

MINIMAL PC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Operating system: Windows Vista/7/8/10 (x32), Windows Vista/7/8/10 (x64)
Processor: Intel Celeron E3400 @ 2.60GHz
RAM: 2,0 Gb
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 512 MB
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECOMMENDED PC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Operating system: Windows Vista/7/8/10 (x32), Windows Vista/7/8/10 (x64)
Processor: Intel Pentium CPU G3420 @ 3.20GHz
RAM: 4,0 Gb
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 440 1 GB
=======================================================
Fractured Space:

MINIM:
SO: (64 bit only at present) Windows 7 SP1 / Windows 8 / Windows 8.1 / Windows 10
Procesor: 2.3+ GHz
Memorie: 4 GB RAM
Grafică: DX11 with Feature Level 11, SM5
DirectX: Versiune 11
Stocare: 2 GB spațiu disponibil
Note adiționale: Supported chipsets: NVIDIA 470 GTX, AMD HD6850 or greater. Laptop versions of these chipsets may not be supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required. We'll be constantly updating the game to lower the required specs, so bear with us if your machine is struggling.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECOMANDAT:
SO: (64 bit only at present) Windows 7 SP1/Windows 8 / Windows 8.1 / Windows 10
Procesor: 3.40 GHz
Memorie: 8 GB RAM
Grafică: DX11 with Feature Level 11, SM5
DirectX: Versiune 11
Stocare: 2 GB spațiu disponibil
Note adiționale: Supported chipsets: NVIDIA 470 GTX, AMD HD6850 or greater. Laptop versions of these chipsets may not be supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required. We'll be constantly updating the game to lower the required specs, so bear with us if your machine is struggling.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So now plz tell me if service have right and this games are higher theat my laptop specs.Thanks
16 REPLIES 16

Dreamonic
Level 12
Specs are fine. Games you're playing and the settings are not the problem. Seems like either your CPU or GPU is throttling or the way your OS is user configured/customized could be the culprit. Are you always plugged in when playing? If it's random lag spikes and frame skips it could be the amount of RAM you have installed paired with the HDD you have, because page file (virtual memory) would be the cause for that in games, especially when loading new areas. Even though you can adjust the page file amount anyway, going SSD would still help.

Now, you're playing mostly online multiplayer games. That could be a combo of bad WiFi connection (if you use it over wired), CPU/GPU throttling, HDD page file accessed too frequently, user configured/customized OS, etc.

Have you run any benchmarks like 3DMARK11, FIRE STRIKE, CINEBENCH R15, UNIGINE, etc and confirmed you score similar to other G771JW models yet?

Julskey
Level 10
Try uninstalling asus gamefirst III. Select high performance power setting. Plug in adapter when gaming. Disable antivirus and set windows update to update manually. Stop all running programs which are running in the background which you do not need at the moment when you are gaming. See if your gaming experience improves. GTX960M is a decent graphics card. You should be able to play most new games in medium+ settings. Try also lowering graphics settings in your game and see if it improves.

I play all games with background program close,with battery in laptop or out but always plugged when play a game or watch a movie.
I play only with network cable plugged,i don't run any program like 3Dmark11 or other.
I play all games optimized by Nvidia Experience or not.
I don't know from where is this problem and i can't change it without negation from Asus Tek.

AlexTzutzu
Level 7
Hi again,after i talk with asus support from Romania,this idiots whant to i buy Windows 10 with license because maybe is from Windows/MIcrosoft,if i have same problems after install win10 license i need to talk with Microsoft not with Asus support.To much retards/idiots people in Asus support in Romania,who the f*** pay 1.200E to buy an Asus ROG G771JW and he must to buy and windows 10 only to play games or to use for home/his porpuse?
This is my result in 3DMark >> http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/10930055
Is good or bad ?

AlexTzutzu wrote:
Hi again,after i talk with asus support from Romania,this idiots whant to i buy Windows 10 with license because maybe is from Windows/MIcrosoft,if i have same problems after install win10 license i need to talk with Microsoft not with Asus support.To much retards/idiots people in Asus support in Romania,who the f*** pay 1.200E to buy an Asus ROG G771JW and he must to buy and windows 10 only to play games or to use for home/his porpuse?
This is my result in 3DMark >> http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/10930055
Is good or bad ?

Windows 10 is a free upgrade if you have Windows 7/8/8.1 and you have 1 month to try it and revert to old OS if you don't like it.

Hey there,
I've bought the Asus g771jw gaming laptop about 5-6 months ago and i've been having the same issues as described above, 30 ish FPS in most games with massive fps drop in all games (even dota 2 which ran smoothly on my old laptop )

First thing i did that made things a little less worst was Updating to Bios version 210. After this update most games ran smooth, i got about ~50-60 FPS in R6 Siege / 90-100 FPS in Dota 2/ but just 28-35 in FC Primal and FC4 (this is all on high specs, turning the settings to low or medium would only give me an extra 5 FPS) Also to be noted that FPS drop would still occur in Far cry games but not in Dota 2 or Rainbow Six Siege.

Yesterday i Updated to the Bios version 211 and i can say that the FPS drops or stuttering have stopped. I still can't get more than 30-35 FPS in Primal/ FC4 on high specs but at least gameplay is smooth.
I also recommend checking the software updates from the Asus website and comparing with what you have installed, and update if newer versions are available.
Hope this helps and if a solution for FPS increase is available please do tell. 😄

Hi, I also have these problems with my G771JW. Freezes, Stuttering and Lags never seem to go away. Checked online for solution and nothing's changed. I've even tried removing the drivers and reinstalling from Asus webpage, update BIOS. Thought it was the cooling system cause this rig has only 1 air vent. But I don't think that's the issue that's causing the stutters.

What I did that made my games running more smoothly was to not use GeForce Experience optmisation. Instead, I tweak the settings of Nvidia Control Panel>Manage 3D Settings. The 3D settings make a lot of difference.
A few of the settings that in my opinion will make a difference are the ones below
1. Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration - Single display performance mode
2. Power management mode - Prefer maximum performance
3. Shader Cache - On
4. Vertical sync - Off
5. Virtual Reality pre-rendered frames - 1

With these settings, my games ran smoothly without stutters. Games like The Witcher 3, FarCry 4 can run on ultra/high settings smoothly. Set the resolution to native resolution and other in game settings to your liking and you are good to go. I do not recommend to go too high as the rig will overheat quite fast.

What I notice is that G771JW performs better with both plugged in and the battery. So make sure to have your battery ready when you wanna run a game. Make sure drivers updated, power options set to high performance.

At least this is what is working for me. You can try this and let me know if it works for you as well.

Sincerely,
Your G771JW Comrade xD

sthonerhinoz wrote:
Hi, I also have these problems with my G771JW. Freezes, Stuttering and Lags never seem to go away. Checked online for solution and nothing's changed. I've even tried removing the drivers and reinstalling from Asus webpage, update BIOS. Thought it was the cooling system cause this rig has only 1 air vent. But I don't think that's the issue that's causing the stutters.

What I did that made my games running more smoothly was to not use GeForce Experience optmisation. Instead, I tweak the settings of Nvidia Control Panel>Manage 3D Settings. The 3D settings make a lot of difference.
A few of the settings that in my opinion will make a difference are the ones below
1. Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration - Single display performance mode
2. Power management mode - Prefer maximum performance
3. Shader Cache - On
4. Vertical sync - Off
5. Virtual Reality pre-rendered frames - 1

With these settings, my games ran smoothly without stutters. Games like The Witcher 3, FarCry 4 can run on ultra/high settings smoothly. Set the resolution to native resolution and other in game settings to your liking and you are good to go. I do not recommend to go too high as the rig will overheat quite fast.

What I notice is that G771JW performs better with both plugged in and the battery. So make sure to have your battery ready when you wanna run a game. Make sure drivers updated, power options set to high performance.

At least this is what is working for me. You can try this and let me know if it works for you as well.

Sincerely,
Your G771JW Comrade xD

Hi,

I tried the settings and i still can't get FPS rates bigger than ~30 FPS in FC Primal on High Settings. Switching to medium will increase the Fps to ~35 so i don't really know if it's worth it.
Could you please tell me what kind of Windows OS are you using?
In advance i run Win 10 Pro, i read that some users have problems after upgrading to Win 10 so i'm just exploring options..

Currently all games are running smoothly so at least that's going for me

Hi,

I'm running on Win10 Home (64bit). I do not own FC Primal as of now. Have not even started playing FC4. But the internet seems to show that FC Primal has some issues with FPS. Check these links, they do have common topic in them, which is low FPS

http://gamingbolt.com/far-cry-primal-pc-errors-and-fixes-low-fps-irregular-sound-and-more
http://gamingsofar.com/far-cry-primal-pc-crashes-wont-start-low-fps-stuttering-and-fixes/

"Far Cry Primal – Low FPS/Performance on High End Graphic Cards

Most high-end hardware owners such as GTX Titan, GTX 980Ti and GTX 980 are facing low FPS/Performance, just wait for an update and also for a new NVidia Drivers that are releasing soon." - gamingsofar.com

Hence nothing much you can do for now I think. Do try to update your BIOS to latest version from Asus webpage. So your machine is running other games smoothly now except for FC Primal? Hope my previous post does help you with other games.