cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG G752VT . Overheating issues

Vaire
Level 7
Hello everyone,
I bought an asus laptop 2 months ago and I've been experiencing overheating issues since the beginning.
I'm an AION player and I've therefore arranged everything to play with high quality settings but my CPU doesn't agree. I've been monitoring the situation for some weeks (both through the asus gaming center and external softwares) and my CPU keeps on reaching 90° in the worst gaming situations. I play on a rigid platform in order to have the best ventilation and even tried to lower as much as possible the graphic settings. Yet, no improvement.
I've been wondering whether I should try to open my laptop and detach the battery, but I do not know whether it may be a good idea or not, as it seems it isn't intended to be removed.
Do you think it's a normal temperature and there's no need to worry? Or is there anything to be fixed?

GPU temperature does not exceed 70°.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Simone
19 REPLIES 19

BIOS version is 213 and I won't update it until I'm forced to, then 😉 Btw, it's my core#1 and pacakage which are the most difficult to cool down.
Just another piece of information, would undervolting GPU be as safe as it has been with CPU?

Julskey wrote:
What BIOS version are you using for your G752VT? When I updated my bios to version 216, my cpu core zero had 100% cpu usage (viewing from task manager/performance monitor) even when idle, and cpu temp has gone up by over 10 degrees at idle. I reverted back to bios 214, now my temps got back to around 42 deg C at idle. You may want to check that core zero if you are using bios 216.

That error is a complete crap shoot. I've had it appear when I installed Windows 10 updates, disappear when I rolled Windows 10 back, and not reappear when I reinstalled the same updates. I've also had it appear when I installed BIOS 214 and had to downgrade to get it to go away. There are dozens of different ways people have found to fix it, and it is a complete mixed bag on what works and what doesn't.

Ancients wrote:
That error is a complete crap shoot. I've had it appear when I installed Windows 10 updates, disappear when I rolled Windows 10 back, and not reappear when I reinstalled the same updates. I've also had it appear when I installed BIOS 214 and had to downgrade to get it to go away. There are dozens of different ways people have found to fix it, and it is a complete mixed bag on what works and what doesn't.

Hello, so what you are saying is that I may or may not have the same condition again if I try to update to 216 again (since others who did have not complained about it)? Hmmmm. I might try 216 again.

OT, anyone knows what enable DGPU means in bios 216?

My G752 motherboard is reaching 85°C while playing World of Warcraft on ultra! All my research so far covers GPU and CPU overheating but nothing on motherboards. Can anyone help me out?

asus rog gl703gs model laptop. The CPU rating started to go up to 95 in games. I beat the thermal paste 2 months ago, the temperature had dropped to 78s. but now it's up to 95 degrees again. can anyone help?

Check this out for some help, they really seem to got impressive results in this video, maybe this will solve your problem, did you try replacing thermal pads as they did here? An interesting video for everyone with Asus gaming laptop.

https://youtu.be/ZLgjs58q6E8

guyfawkes
Level 7
Mine is 97-100 C in games and 45 while idle.

x7007
Level 7
My friend has this computer and having error that the GPU has been disconnected from the computer , a Directx 11 error. Does anyone know how to fix it ? He has it a lot , almost instant when playing Battlefield 1 multiplayer 1070M , we tried everything, different Windows, Fresh OS , Windows 10 x64 , Nvidia Drivers , settings , It works fine on low,medium, but when on Ultra is can crash almost instant or couple minutes, some other games just crash without error. like Far Cry Primal.
When it crash the screen becomes with very fast red lines and becomes black, the computer still works and doesn't freeze or anything. but there is Display driver crashed and has been recovered in the eventviewer and the clock speed stuck and Gsync stop working.

Cpu Temp can reach 95c+ GPU is 75c+ max

Armesis
Level 10
This may not be the most reliable laptop, but ive never had problems with cooling on my G752VY. I strongly suggest purchasing/downloading AVG PC Tune Up, it will find and disable unwanted programs running in the background (order it but dont buy, they will email you a discount coupon eventually). I have it for all 3 of my laptops, you will be amazed at how many programs (even ones i didnt know existed) run continuously in the background without my permission. I remember one of my laptops had like 17 programs running in the background simultaneously that i didnt want, i cant remember what it all was but something like this - 7 days to die, chromium, google update service, realplayer update service, java update, freemake downloader, fallout new vegas, origin, skype, asus live update, geforce experience, nvidia profile update, microsoft one drive, product updater, thunderbolt software, bytefence anti malware (i dont use this, MS installed it), yahoo, etc.

Basically there are a ton of vendors out there, all thinking their program should be used 24/7. This loads up the system pointlessly. None of my laptops have heating problems (maybe because of the program), all the best to you, these laptops are not cheap.

Blake1
Level 10
Hello Faith55,
Please kindly check if your BIOS and windows are up to date,
and which game are you playing and it's version?
CPU temperature only goes up during gaming, right? how long does it take to go up to 95 after you started the game?
did you experience any lagging or other abnormal?
Is the fan working ?
Thank you.