cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus rog g752vs backlight bleed or IPS glow?

Spellman
Level 7
Hi everyone. Ive bought today brand new ROG. And I think there is a defect on screen, but I cant figure out am I dealing with backlight bleed or IPS Glow. When I work in dark room, on black screen with high brigtness settings - some really annoying spots with yellowish color is clearly noticable. The reason I cant determine is that when I change greatly the angle of view, these spots change intensity and size. When I look straight on screen, mosly annoying are bottom and right bottom corner places.

Ive made a video to get more clear picture https://youtu.be/CLLVK4b7U38

And photoes with different angles. Camera captures little light changes, and in reality it is not that bad, video is more accurate.

11 REPLIES 11

ROGIndia
Level 7
Hi,

There is always some light bleed in IPS panels. If its abnormally high you can get it checked at the nearest service centre.

Thanks ROGIndia.

The problem is that nearest center is too far away, I've bought it in another country and should send it for an undefined period of time. I can, but I need few opinions.

Ive brought it to my seller. We opened one G752 they had, and i saw the same problem but in other places, maybe slighty more. They said that I have 2 options: we send laptop to service and they change screen , but no guarantee they fix this, or try something to do with a pressure on screen.

So, one more question - Is this somehow connected?

If so, can someone advice where I can find manual how to open the display casing. Maybe I can untight it to lower pressure on screen?

D_V_D
Level 7
What model is yours?...i just ordered the g752vs-ba177t model...it says is 120hz and led backlit...I'm curious if i'll be having the same back light bleed also...
MB = Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z info
CPU = AMD Fx-8350 Bios 2101info
RAM = Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB (2x8Gb) 2133 KHX21C11T3K2/16X info
GPU = Asus GTX 980 Matrix Platinum info
SSD = Kingston HyperX 3K 240Gb
HDD = WD 500Gb +WD 3x1TB(fzex)
PSU = Corsair AX760i info
CPU Cooler = Thermaltake Nic C4
Display = Sony KDL-32w706b info
Mouse = A4Tech Bloody Gun3 V7
Keyboard = SteelSeries APEX info

It's 75hz GC063D.

Well I've decided to get use to it. It's hard to watch movies though. If I find some guide how to open properly, I think I'll try to make less pressure on screen.

D_V_D
Level 7
I see...i wonder if that model...g752vs-ba177t...is only related to Romania...i do see models with the exact specs but slightly different concerning the display...in general i mean...why is ba177t having 120hz is beyound me....and to think i bought it right on time when they had the nomad v2 backpack for free..

I have 2 such light bleed but they are not that bad as you're showing in the photos...they are in the down corners of the display...i dimmed the light to about 50-60% and they are not even recognizable...
MB = Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z info
CPU = AMD Fx-8350 Bios 2101info
RAM = Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB (2x8Gb) 2133 KHX21C11T3K2/16X info
GPU = Asus GTX 980 Matrix Platinum info
SSD = Kingston HyperX 3K 240Gb
HDD = WD 500Gb +WD 3x1TB(fzex)
PSU = Corsair AX760i info
CPU Cooler = Thermaltake Nic C4
Display = Sony KDL-32w706b info
Mouse = A4Tech Bloody Gun3 V7
Keyboard = SteelSeries APEX info

As I started up my Brand New ASUS ROG G752VS-XS74K OC Edition system for the first time, I noticed there is really bad bleeding from the display at the bottom...and the worse of it is the bottom corners (left and right...right being even worse).

Thus I am reporting it does appear the problem with the display/screen bleed is a common one with this model.

Also supported by the reviews found on Amazon and other review sites...as well as other threads here in the ASUS ROG Forums.

Unfortunate indeed.
There Can Be Only One!

Here is an image from my Amazon review.

https://smile.amazon.com/review/R2GN5RYEKLQXPV/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B01NBOE95P

My previous model. Same issue. I have had a total of about 4 or 5 with the same issue. Sad...

https://smile.amazon.com/review/R1XVKGZRJYEVBM/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B01578ZN0Q

The FresnoGamer
System: G752VS-XS74K

Armesis
Level 10
Yes, the screens are a weakness on ROG laptops. RMA it.