cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG G752VL microphone problem...

ACOnetwork
Level 7
So I have ASUS ROG G752VL laptop with Realtek ALC668 audio chip and OS Windows 10 pro x64 .

On internal and external (jack plug) microphone, when voice volume reaches approx. 70% microphone sound is normal, when bellow that, it lowers to fixed volume maybe 5% untill it is loud enough. I think it was Windows 10 version 1903 and earlier, when I installed ASUS audio drivers, worked normally, on official Realtek drivers voice was cutting out. When I went to version 1909, both drivers was the same. On linux microphone works normally. I tried from enabling and disabling effects, what ever I could in mic settings of Windows, tried troubleshooting, 30db boost works a little bit but still cutting out. Tried some stuff from the forums, nothing helped. I am using MIC on my headphones over USB, but I would like to be able to use external mic over the jack plug.

If anyone wants, I can make an recording, so you can hear it.

Please help.
5 REPLIES 5

Blake1
Level 10
Hello ACOnetwork,
May I know if you were using Windows 1903 and 1909? there is no 1904 and 1908, so I'm a bit confused.
What is your current version of audio driver?
Thank you.

Blake@ASUS wrote:
Hello ACOnetwork,
May I know if you were using Windows 1903 and 1909? there is no 1904 and 1908, so I'm a bit confused.
What is your current version of audio driver?
Thank you.

Hello there. Yeah sorry, I have no idea what I was thinking about when tipying versions hehe, yep 1903 and 1909 (updated it in main text). I am still on 1909, did not went on 2004 yet. Current Realtek driver version is 6.0.1.7831, ALC668.

Blake1
Level 10
Hello ACOnetwork,
May you try in safe mode?
or have you ever tried to reset the OS completely?
Thank you.

Blake@ASUS wrote:
Hello ACOnetwork,
May you try in safe mode?
or have you ever tried to reset the OS completely?
Thank you.

In safe mode, audio device is disabled, to enable, I would need to modify Windows Registry and I would not like to do this. Any other suggestion?

It is all the same on years old Windows, reseted and freshly installed, it does not matter, it is all the same.

Anyone?