cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG G751, how to bring back recovery partition?

korimitsu
Level 7
I've completely wiped the SSD drive to make a clean install of Windows 10. How can I format again to restore the recovery partition? I want to test Windows 8.1 exactly as it came from factory.
507 Views
7 REPLIES 7

redduc900
Level 9
If you didn't back up the recovery partition using the Asus Backtracker software before wiping the drive, then you'll need to return the notebook to an ASUS service center to reinstall the original ASUS factory Win8.1 image.
Laptop: Asus G750JZ
OS: Win10

redduc900 wrote:
If you didn't back up the recovery partition using the Asus Backtracker software before wiping the drive, then you'll need to return the notebook to an ASUS service center to reinstall the original ASUS factory Win8.1 image.


No, I didn't backup the recovery partition. Probably someone already backed up the recovery partition and can be downloaded over the internet (I guess it will be the same for the each model).

Anyway, I tried to run Asus Backtracker from Windows 10, but says "Asus Backtracker does not support your system."

pka4916
Level 7
if it came with windows 10, then there is no recovery partition anymore.

pka4916 wrote:
if it came with windows 10, then there is no recovery partition anymore.


yeah mine came with win 10, and i dont see an actual Asus partition

and backtracker doesnt work with windows 10?

what exactly do we use to make a factory restore?
i bought an open box at best buy so dont know if a restore disk was missing. but usually theres a partition on the disk

whats the best way for me to get media to do a complete factory restore?

MDgamerP wrote:
yeah mine came with win 10, and i dont see an actual Asus partition

and backtracker doesnt work with windows 10?

what exactly do we use to make a factory restore?
i bought an open box at best buy so dont know if a restore disk was missing. but usually theres a partition on the disk

whats the best way for me to get media to do a complete factory restore?


I use the official Windows 10 installer iso from usb. Then install all software and drivers from asus website.

korimitsu wrote:
I use the official Windows 10 installer iso from usb. Then install all software and drivers from asus website.


ah okay
guess that could work
only problem though is if you used a fresh windows 10 iso, how do you get it activated?

You notebook is already known to the MS Activation servers
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro