Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG G750JW Temperatures

Torpedo499
Level 7
Hello,

I was wondering what temperatures everyone has been having on their G750's
Mine have seemed to have increased from when I first got it and I wanted to do a comparison with others.

CPU:
Idle: 40-45C
Web browsing/streaming: 40-48C

For heavy gaming it really depends on what game i'm playing, BF4 stays around 67-73C

GPU:
Heavy Gaming: Usually 65C, however with the new driver, it hit 69C today.

What temperatures are you having?
22 REPLIES 22

kingkaan
Level 7
Hi Torpedo499

Is your power plan set to high performance or balanced? mine is set to high performance and my idle cpu temp is 63C... if i change it to balanced it shows 53c...in games like bf4 i've seen it around 75-80.. which when it goes over 70c it starts to throttle and i am not sure why.. do you know your core voltage for cpu?

My gpu temps are aroumd 75-85c because i am overclocked.

kingkaan wrote:
Hi Torpedo499

Is your power plan set to high performance or balanced? mine is set to high performance and my idle cpu temp is 63C... if i change it to balanced it shows 53c...in games like bf4 i've seen it around 75-80.. which when it goes over 70c it starts to throttle and i am not sure why.. do you know your core voltage for cpu?

My gpu temps are aroumd 75-85c because i am overclocked.

kingkaan, when are you going to RMA and get that thermal throttling problem fixed?

I recall you mentioning this months ago... how much warranty time do you have left?

You shouldn't be thermal throttling at all. So if you are, it is a bug that needs to get fixed 🙂

Look at the runs above for the XTU stress test, and the HWinfo64 readings, no thermal throttling.

my idle core temp is around 53C when running on battery alone, and if i switch to ac and remove the battery the idle core temp spikes up to 70C even 80 without doing anything in background.
ps - my laptop is almost 3 years old and hasnt been serviced or cleaned even once.
please advise what can i do to lower the temperatures

Hello,
I own ROG G750jx for 4 years now and after years of use applications became more and more demanding to hardware. My G750 is still able to handle all the work I do with it but especially when hard gaming temperatures rised to:
- 98 deg C in CPU
- 77 deg C in GPU
I measured it with RealBench V2.43 and HWMonitor. My venting fans were running like hell when under heavy load.

So I decided it's time to do some major maintainance of my G750. I searched in Youtube for video how to disassemble G750 and I was able to disassemble it with ease more or less (you have to mark every step, part and screw to asure to assemble it back with ease).
Venting fans and cooling ribs were moderately stucked with dirt, so I cleaned them with a can of compressed gas cleaner.
I also took a chance to replace thermal compund on CPU and GPU (previous one wasn't in best condition). Just be aware if you choose to replace thermal compound on GPU, you have to place it not only on GPU chip but also on other components of graphic card (it looks like it's almost all filled with it) - if it's not overheating then leave it alone.

After assembling my G750 i did some same tests with RealBench and HWMonitor and it worked. I was able to lower max. temp:
- CPU - now max. 80 deg C
- GPU - now max. 60 deg C

I think I spared my G750 some more years of it's lifetime, so I strongly recomend to do some major maintanance after few years of use.

senttel
Level 7
Torpedo dont worry, your temps are even lower than what they should be so you're alright.

kingkaan, you seem to have a faulty unit, if your CPU is kicking in thermal throttling when temp goes above 70c you should RMA immediately!
g750's are able to hold off thermal throttling even when CPU temps reaches 90's. And about your GPU, even with overclock you should not be going anywhere above 70-75. My GPU in 750JW is overclocked as well but it barely reaches 65c on heavy games. My suggestion for you is to RMA. One thing is sure - CPU should not throttle during normal usage - games/browsing/movies/etc.

Thanks for the information!

If I may, what temperatures are you having?

Thanks!

senttel wrote:
Torpedo dont worry, your temps are even lower than what they should be so you're alright.

kingkaan, you seem to have a faulty unit, if your CPU is kicking in thermal throttling when temp goes above 70c you should RMA immediately!
g750's are able to hold off thermal throttling even when CPU temps reaches 90's. And about your GPU, even with overclock you should not be going anywhere above 70-75. My GPU in 750JW is overclocked as well but it barely reaches 65c on heavy games. My suggestion for you is to RMA. One thing is sure - CPU should not throttle during normal usage - games/browsing/movies/etc.

Thanks for the information,

If I may, what temperatures are you having?

Hi Torpedo,

My idle temps when doing nothing at all fiddles around 38-45c for CPU and around 40c for GPU. When playing heavy games CPU might get up to 80c but nowhere higher, and thermal throttling isn't kicking in which shows that temps are just fine. A guy from Asus support told me that g750JW's normal CPU temps on heavy load are around 83c so Im alright. GPU temps doesn't get higher than 65c during long sessions of heavy gaming or whatever. And just to make you feel even more confident about your temps, if thermal throttling is not turning on during normal usage you are more than fine, it means that your cooling system is able to control the heat, as soon as cooling system can't hold off the heat much longer CPU turns on thermal throttling which then cuts down the maximum CPU frequency and temps starts lowering. However I suppose this will never be the case for you since your temps are perfect. By the way I have undervolted my CPU so my temps are lower than what they were with the stock settings. You can do that too with Intel XTU which is official Intel software and not from a 3rd party. You can also overclock your CPU and GPU, your CPU should handle it just fine, GPU as well. If you just recently bought you ROG don't be afraid of fiddling around with overclocking because once you get it right you can enjoy boosted performance for the long time to come. 🙂

By the way which one G750 do you have?

senttel wrote:
Hi Torpedo,

My idle temps when doing nothing at all fiddles around 38-45c for CPU and around 40c for GPU. When playing heavy games CPU might get up to 80c but nowhere higher, and thermal throttling isn't kicking in which shows that temps are just fine. A guy from Asus support told me that g750JW's normal CPU temps on heavy load are around 83c so Im alright. GPU temps doesn't get higher than 65c during long sessions of heavy gaming or whatever. And just to make you feel even more confident about your temps, if thermal throttling is not turning on during normal usage you are more than fine, it means that your cooling system is able to control the heat, as soon as cooling system can't hold off the heat much longer CPU turns on thermal throttling which then cuts down the maximum CPU frequency and temps starts lowering. However I suppose this will never be the case for you since your temps are perfect. By the way I have undervolted my CPU so my temps are lower than what they were with the stock settings. You can do that too with Intel XTU which is official Intel software and not from a 3rd party. You can also overclock your CPU and GPU, your CPU should handle it just fine, GPU as well. If you just recently bought you ROG don't be afraid of fiddling around with overclocking because once you get it right you can enjoy boosted performance for the long time to come. 🙂

By the way which one G750 do you have?

Hmm 83C seems very high for the "best cooling on the market"

I'm using a G750JW.